cowboy beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmtky

Senior Cook
Anyone got a good recipe for cowboy beans, We're having a hobo party at the Elk's lodge this weekend and they want cowboy beans and cornbread to go along with my brunswick stew.

I'm not quite sure about the cowboy qualifin' part but here's a recipe I'm kinda fond of. It came from one of our more esteemed members.

Bigwheel's Beans

2 lbs washed pintos
1/3 lb salt pork..few strips bacon..or pork hock
1 onion
2 split japs or serrano peppers
3-4 garlic cloves
1 T. dry mustard
1 T. wooster sauce
3 T. chili powder
1 can extra Hot Rotel Tomatoes with Habs
salt and pepper to taste

Cover beans with 2" of water and soak 1 hr. Drain and refill to same level. Add the salt pork and bring to a rapid boil. Reduce heat and put on the lid. Simmer till nearly done but not quite then add the other
stuff. Once you add the tomatoes they dont tender up any more. Add water anywhere along the way if they get too dry. Veggies can be chopped..purreed or floated. If you aint into heat too strong..use only half a can of the tomaters.

Thank you for the recipe Jeff

The words "a recipe" are a link. It's not my fault that Greg can't make links a different color.

Ok now we will be needing that Brunswick stew recipe when you get a round toit. Thanks. There is a bbq themed chain down here called Red White and Blues. They have all you can eat Brunswick Stew or Yankee Chili with kidney beans. Far as I can tell to make the stew they just dump some broth and a can o tamaters on the bbq they didnt sell the day before. Now is that how you make it? Tastes purty good on a cold day:) They have good cornbread but they make it way too sweet. I nearly got sugar diabetes from it one time I think.

ScottyDaQ said:
Oh crap... it's Bigwheel's stupid brother !

4.gif

Back
Top Bottom