Couple of chickens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cflatt

Sous Chef
running out for a quick trip to VA and TX this weekend so the wife asked me to do up a couple of chickens before I left. Rubbed 'em down with a little swamp venom and cooked over lump and a few chunks of cherry. Turned out nice and juicy.

oops forgot the pics

poppin into Roanoke for some work on Friday, then out early Saturday morning to head to Dallas. I wish I had more time in the area. I would've enjoyed buying you a cold one...or two

NIck, there arent any skin eaters at the house so I just give them a nice rub up under the skin then brush a touch of oil on the skin and give another little shake and usually cook on the top rack without the pan at 300-325. Turns out juicy and flavorful, but no award winning skin for me. even if I could get it to do that I would probably still pull it off then slice or pull the meat. Chris was right the swamp venom is a Dizzy Pig rub, They were next to Brian J at NH . I like it for chicken, even put it in the flour when I fry it up.

cflatt said:
NIck, there arent any skin eaters at the house so I just give them a nice rub up under the skin then brush a touch of oil on the skin and give another little shake and usually cook on the top rack without the pan at 300-325. Turns out juicy and flavorful, but no award winning skin for me. even if I could get it to do that I would probably still pull it off then slice or pull the meat. Chris was right the swamp venom is a Dizzy Pig rub, They were next to Brian J at NH . I like it for chicken, even put it in the flour when I fry it up.
By the name I would think it's hot & spicy? Or no?

not too hot, its a good blend of flavors though, Its a good blend of chiles and spices. I think they market it as a "Southern" flavor.

Back
Top Bottom