Country Style Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bayoubooger

EX SMOKER
I got 8 lbs Ribs marinating for the smoker, give me a clue on the 3-2-1 method for boned ribs, should i maybe do a 2-1-1 and call it a day or what? thanks for the feedback, i watch you guys with great interest all the time and learn a lot from this forum, keep it up!

Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure about country style ribs but for spares I do 4-1-1. Or something close to that. Try the 3-2-1 and you'll probably be fine. If they need more time just leave them on longer. Keep us posted.

Well to start out with Country Style Ribs "usually" aint country style ribs. Real country style ribs is the fat and boney end pieces off a pork loin..which should be cooked like a pork chop which aint got much meat on it. Whut normally passes for country style ribs nowadays is sliced up Boston butt. Works thataway in this area anyway. Highest use for that commodity is to stick it in the upright and smoke it low and slow till it drys out and that turn it into some excellent seasoning meat which the coonasses call Tasso. It the hawg version of beef jerky. Tastes mighty good in a pot of red beans and rice..gumbo..jumbalaya etc. Even taste good in real beans..Pintos of course. If you want to actually eat it..treat it like thick sliced Boston butt and it should be ok. Now how a person should treat that I aint quite sure. Believe I would marinate in Eyetalian dressing and give it a slow direct grilling if it was me. Just guessing. I dont buy it much no not seldom but never. Its a scam less you want to make Tasso. Hope this helps.

bigwheel

BW speaks the truth...true country style ribs are not sliced chunks of
bb, which is what my groceries store call it down here.

That said, you can make it into good eats.

Captain Morgan said:
BW speaks the truth...true country style ribs are not sliced chunks of
bb, which is what my groceries store call it down here.

That said, you can make it into good eats.

I thought he was belching. That said, John & Scotty get my vote of aproval!

Back
Top Bottom