COULD IT WORK FOR ME TOO ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
High Temp?

The Brex Hut Man,
We have been down this road many times. Some people say there ain't no way they are going to try and smoke a Butt or Brisket in 5 hours.
Well, if you ain't tried it, ya just don't know.

After doing the Fast Track Method on my meats, I would never take 12-15 hours to smoke a cut that I can get done as good OR BETTER in 5 hours.

http://www.kickassbbq.com/Quick_Cook_Boston_Butt.htm

That's just my opinion and I really don't know Jack.
Try it. Then you will know.
Have a GREAT day and:

Smoke On!!!!!!

brex HUT said:
im trying to figure out how to cook a brisket in a buisness day . so if i do get a restraunt going i wont be there all day and night waiting for the meat to get done .

I am not trying to start an argument here but, 99% of the resturant BBQ that I have had doesn't meet its mark in flavor. Maybe because they do "RUSH" it. Your not getting that low and slow flavor that you would get in a 12 hour cook.

I hope to some day have a resturant too but I plan on cooking my BBQ the low and slow way.

brex HUT said:
im trying to figure out how to cook a brisket in a buisness day . so if i do get a restraunt going i wont be there all day and night waiting for the meat to get done .

If you have a restaurant, you will more than likely have an indoor smoker of some kind, so.... you can put the piece of meat in before closing, set temp to 225, then come in the next day, and it will be near ready...... most, not all, commerical smokers only go up to 325*... so fast cooking really isnt an option in that application.. it will cook fast at 325, but not in 5 hours. 6 hours for a larger sized butt, or brisket.

This is JMHO but butts benifit more for low and slow cuz of all that intramuscular fat...I'm thinking about doing the brisket high and fat cuz they seem to be a lot leaner....

brex HUT said:
when i do get my restraunt all meat will be done on a fire smoker . i see all these places with that big silver box going with a propain bottle and a little smoke coming out and to me thats not bbq

most commerical smokers used in the busier restaurant are Old Hickorys, Southern Pride, JR Orleys, Holstiens, and a few more I can't remember right now.... the big units normally are gas/propane fired, but, have chambers in them to insert logs... very efficient units...and will put out as much smoke as a log burner, even more, if you want it... using a regular log fired smoker, just to use Lang as an example, is a great way to approach your concept, but, keep in mind, you need, or not need to apply all your working day to stroking a fire and watching a pit.. very labor intensive.... PM me, and I 'll give a number of a guy who uses a Lang in his restaurant.. He loves it, but.. it's work getting that thing up to temps, lets say when it's 25 * outside, and you need to get 5 briskets done.. puts a hurting on your time dedication factor...

Lang?

Bobber Man,
I can crank my Lang to 400 degrees in 45 minutes when it is 0 outside.
REAL easy to get that Lang up to temp.
Stick Burners Rule!!!!!
Ya ain't gonna do it with no stinking charcoal!!!!
Smoke On!!!!!

P.S.
And, if you want that Bark to be crispy using the Quick Cook Method, just unfoil and crank the heat to 400 for 30 minutes. Ya got crisp bark.
If ya ain't tried it, ya can't know!!!!!!!!!!
Smoke On!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom