Cornish Hens on the WSM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

friesian_rain

Senior Cook
Smoked up some cornish hens in the WSM for Father's Day dinner. I brined them first with a brine made up of Hawaiian Jade sea salt, and Bell's poultry seasoning. I had a pile of leftover pieces of lump charcoal & wood from previous smokes ( mesquite, oak, hickory) so I used that and added some apple wood. Smoked them for about 3 hours, I think..... Did up a batch of my smoked baked beans, tossed salad and made some yummy corn bread. Only have a couple pictures, drank a few too many Caribbean Cosmo's :roll: before dinner and kinda forgot about the picture taking :oops:
The hens were moist and tender and perfectly smoked, and I didn't burn anything down !

Nick Prochilo said:
That's a lot of food for 4 people!

Between the 4 of us we only ate 2 of them :roll: , no one could eat more than half of one! The rest make great leftovers...... I'm real big on " cooking extra ", leftovers are great !
I thought they came out looking "pretty cute" all trussed up and brown :LOL:

friesian_rain said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1hvbr8pd]That's a lot of food for 4 people!

Between the 4 of us we only ate 2 of them :roll: , no one could eat more than half of one! The rest make great leftovers...... I'm real big on " cooking extra ", leftovers are great !
I thought they came out looking "pretty cute" all trussed up and brown :LOL:
[/quote:1hvbr8pd]
The color was excellent! When I do them "beer can style", I have to use small apple juice cans. I'm also big into doing leftovers. It makes great lunches during the week.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
That's about as good as a bird can get. Great job! Bet they were tasty too.
So, are you tired of chicken salad yet? :LOL: Beans look killer too.

There's 1 and 1/2 mini birds left..... probably going to get shredded and thrown on top of some tortilla chips with beans and cheese for some tasty nachos on the grill :) They also make great taco or enchilada filling....

Back
Top Bottom