Cooking today once again.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I am cooking today. I am making griff loaf and a pork loin on Buford. Instead of booking the loin I may try a Y incision. I will be cooking at 275* and using cherry wood. The loin will be for dinner tonight and the loaf will be for tomarrow.

Griff loaf is the best. Dude, You need a food saver BAD. :grin: But then it's all about playing with fire and having fun. What are your boy's cooking up today? :grin:

I bet cutting the Loin that will prevent leakage of the contents, good :idea:
Good luck today Dog :!:

Well here are some pics of today’s cook. The one loin is stuffed with Capiacola(sp), Salami, Pepperoni, Mozzarella, and fresh Basil and Oregano it is rubbed with powdered Italian dressing and paprika. The other loin is stuffed with a variation of Jack W. Carolina Gold BBQ sauce. I combined a BBQ USA recipe with Jacks and then wrapped it in bacon. The meatloaf is Griff loaf but with pieces of portabella mushrooms. Pigs I have a food saver, I just love to play with fire……The boys are cooking up trouble they have been a handful today. I think the oldest still has the whole pig on there from yesterday…….I think I will have to go whole hog at some point this summer I’ll post a thread with some questions. Puff we’ll see how well the Y cut works…….

Larry Wolfe said:
Dave was bacon on sale in NY? 8-[
Well I was moving kind of quick and wasn't as carefull as I would have liked wrapping that one.........I think I'll eat the bacon as a snack.

wittdog said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Well I was moving kind of quick and wasn't as carefull as I would have liked wrapping that one.........I think I'll eat the bacon as a snack.

I'm just joshing ya! You think the smoke can penetrate the Fort Knox of bacon?? :taunt:

Larry Wolfe said:
wittdog said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":eek:qqbc7hm]Dave was bacon on sale in NY? 8-[

I'm just joshing ya! You think the smoke can penetrate the Fort Knox of bacon?? :taunt:[/quote:eek:qqbc7hm]
We will find out..........Pigs my oldest was adjusting the dampers on Buford for me yesterday. He did a good job. A stick burner so easy a 4 year old can do it.

Hold on wittdog, mapquest says I can be in W Seneca in 4hr 34 minutes, I'm leaving now, get the beer on ice baby. :grin: :grin:

Bruce B said:
Hold on wittdog, mapquest says I can be in W Seneca in 4hr 34 minutes, I'm leaving now, get the beer on ice baby. :grin: :grin:
There is always beer on ice in WNY. :grin:

That stuff is coming along. Larry you were right about the bacon. It doesn't look like there is a smokering, I wonder if it will taste smokey? That I think is a interesting question.

brian j said:
dang wittdog... you are one cook'in fool. i wish i had all the time to cook that you do. :-(
Well...........I try to help out the missus. I ususally cook 2-3 times a week. That way when she gets home she can have some time with the boys and not just cook diner and put them to bed. Me and the boys are just hanging out in the yard and I have Buford's temp control down by using a modified minon menthod so it's not that hard, besides I love seeing the people walking into McDonalds peek thur the fence and drool and everything tastes better with smoke. One loin is for dinner tonight, the other is to take to my sister who just had a baby and the loaf is for dinner later in the week with some Smashed Potates.

wittdog said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Those are a pain in the butt to tie, you need an extra finger #-o

Brian we just like to eat, and you need to remember in the winter BBQ is a big treat. We tend to go a bit overbooard in the Summer months.
We are getting there.

The real pit master at work.

Do you have to repeat "stay away from the smoker it's hot" allday to your'e boy's?
With my 3 yr. old I almost need a fence around it :!:

Lookin' real good Dave and Dave. :grin: What time's dinner??
13.gif

Puff said:
Do you have to repeat "stay away from the smoker it's hot" allday to your'e boy's?
My oldest no,he really was making the adjustment for me.... my yougest their is no telling him anything. He takes after :-k
The pork is done. It looks interesting, because of the Y cut it looks like it smoked from the inside out., that and the lb of bacon. I'm going to let them rest and I will make sure the Mrs. Gets pics...........

wittdog said:
Puff said:
My oldest no,he really was making the adjustment for me.... my yougest their is no telling him anything. He takes after :-k
The pork is done. It looks interesting, because of the Y cut it looks like it smoked from the inside out., that and the lb of bacon. I'm going to let them rest and I will make sure the Mrs. Gets pics...........
Cool! When can we look for WD'sB to sign up? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom