Cooking today once again.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Puff said:
wittdog said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Dave was bacon on sale in NY? 8-[
Well I was moving kind of quick and wasn't as carefull as I would have liked wrapping that one.........I think I'll eat the bacon as a snack.
Those are a pain in the butt to tie, you need an extra finger #-o
Puff to tie those you just cut the butcher twine about 12in and put one end under the other pull tight and then repeat....I can't tie a knot to save my life.

Well I don’t know about the Y cut, my stuffed loin is only partially stuffed. And the other one the filling all ran out. #-o :-k

Man that still looks great =P~
I had the same problem, I had so many toothpicks stuck in it it looked like a porcupine #-o
BTGG posted some pic's the first time I tried this, I think he know's the secret of non- leakage.
Looks like good eats bro :!:

Nick Prochilo said:
Why did you go with the "Y" instead of booking?
"Y" not. :grin: No seriously I didn't want the chesse to run out and I'm alway looking for a better way of doing something. Live and learn.

Do you guys think that just cutting a slit in the meat, without going through the ends, then cook with the slit up will keep the cheese in?

Larry the smoke ring did make it thru the fort Knox of bacon. I’m kind of supprised. Of course this is the one cook where Mrs. Dog get’s pics……..

What I learned is next time I might do a Y cut from the side like a book. I'm trying to get more stuffing it. Also I need to wait a little longer to cut the strings and not to flip the one that was filled with a liquid.

Try holding your knife with the blade parallel to your cutting board about 1/4 - 1/2" off the board. Cut into the roast and at the same time roll the roast away from the knife as you are cutting. You end up with a piece that is 1/4 - 1/2" thick, flat, and easy to roll filling up in. :!:

Finney said:
Try holding your knife with the blade parallel to your cutting board about 1/4 - 1/2" off the board. Cut into the roast and at the same time roll the roast away from the knife as you are cutting. You end up with a piece that is 1/4 - 1/2" thick, flat, and easy to roll filling up in. :!:
That's my problem I didn't roll the roast, just opened and stuffed and closed.

Finney said:

But won't the cheese melt out the ends?

the last stuffed loin I did I just wrapped bacon over the ends to keep the cheese in. worked great for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom