Cooking Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shawn White said:
.... My Costco sells back ribs but they certainly aren't BBs. They are freakin huge. I like them too.

Shawn.

Are they "Swift" brand loin backs? That's what my Costco carries for BB's. But they also carry whole spares. The Swift BBs are really good although you gotta pick out the good 3 rack cryopack...but the surely ain't big.

Also, just curious on why you want to "hang" the spares vs using a rack with them in half...or flat... provided they'll fit. You got some bigger pigs o'er there or what?

ScottyDaQ said:
Shawn White said:
.... My Costco sells back ribs but they certainly aren't BBs. They are freakin huge. I like them too.

Shawn.

Are they "Swift" brand loin backs? That's what my Costco carries for BB's. But they also carry whole spares. The Swift BBs are really good although you gotta pick out the good 3 rack cryopack...but the surely ain't big.

Also, just curious on why you want to "hang" the spares vs using a rack with them in half...or flat... provided they'll fit. You got some bigger pigs o'er there or what?
No Scott, the back ribs aren't branded. They just come in a warehouse pack with a Costco price sticker. To be honest I did a double take when I looked at them, they were so big I thought they were side ribs mislabelled at first.

I'm no expert, but I think they are back ribs from larger animals rather than small, and MAYBE they cut them down a little further, making them longer than usual if you get my meaning. Very curved. Price per pound they are cheap for back ribs.

About hanging, I was thinking I might be able to hang up to 12 racks of side ribs for the smoking stage (bulk cook) then FS and freeze and be able to have some relatively quick rib cooks.

Ah, ok. Quantity is what you're after? Yeah. I'd be nervous about hanging that much in my WSM too. I haven't done the grate mod yet, I'll let you be the guinea pig. LOL! [-o< :winkie: [-o< :razz:

Back
Top Bottom