Cooking Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ZBQ said:
... Thanks for reading, and remember, this is in NO WAY meant to ridicule or demean anyone on this board. :D :D
That's cool ZBQ. This poll was never meant to incite anger or to divide the peoples of this board ~ Simply to poll and voice any opinion one might have. Thanks for contributing. :(

ZBQ said:
Hi guys,
I have been watching this post with interest and have decided to post my opinion. Expressing my opinion is in NO WAY meant to ridicule or demean anyone on this board whose opinion differs. Please continue to do what you feel is safe. :D

I have been of this opinion for several years, well before I ever thought of Q'n.

My opinion.

I think that the dangers from cross contamination from poultry have been over sensationalized to the point of public paranoia. Think about this. If these bacteria and toxins were even HALF as dangerous as they tell us they are, we would be dying in droves!!
Furthermore, how could people have actually ate chicken (and lived to tell about it) 50 years ago, before the invention of anti-bacterial soaps and kitchen cleaners containing bleach? If we are to believe the fearmongers about all this stuff, everyone back them would have died 20 horrible deaths from cross contamination of poultry!! :eek: :eek:
I can remember how my grandpa used to butcher chickens and sell them to the local markets. Believe me. There was no bleach or antibacterial soaps used. There was plenty of feathers, blood, guts and feces all over the place. But somehow, grandpa didn't start an epidemic or even cause the first illness. How could this be if we are to believe the fearmongers?? :)
Next, think back. When was it that we first started hearing about all these horrible dangers from cross contamination? Just about the same time that anti-bacterial soaps were invented is what my mind remembers. This is not a subject that was discussed back in the 70's or even the early 80's. It is a fairly recent phenomenom. Coincidence? I don't believe so. [-X

I think that K Kruger showed the absolute absurdidty of the dangers of cooking poutry above something else issue best when he said ,

"What happens if chicken drips on chicken? Will it compound the problem??"

If we are to believe the fearmongers, then all the chicken below it first one would be unfit for consumption!!!

I would not ever suggest that anyone eat undercooked chicken or not practice cleanliness in the kitchen, but we must keep things in perspective.

Thanks for reading, and remember, this is in NO WAY meant to ridicule or demean anyone on this board. :D :D
ZBQ

"Harmony is the strength and support of all institutions."

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Fanfreakingtastic post ZBQ!!! Good job and welcome aboard!!!

Back
Top Bottom