Cook from hell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tannehill Kid

Head Chef
Got off work Saturday at noon and ran by the store and picked of a couple briskets. Butcher had them waiting on me a had a pair of nice ones picked out for me. When he went in the back to get them I saw those Johnsonville Brats and picked up a package of them to throw on the smoker too. Came home and started the fire on the Klose came back in the house and put mustard and then the rub on the briskets. Went out and put the briskets on and I was off to a good start. Then about a hour later the rain set in for a couple of hours. That was not the bad part. At 7 that night the interanl temp was at 165 so I wrapped the briskets in foil. Then at 8 I switch to pit over to gas and thought I was on cruise control. At 11 the internal temp was 190 but I did not like the way the thermo pen went in so I told the wife I was going to let the internal go to 195 and recheck. Well I fell a sleep and did not wake up until 1:30 and looked at the remote thermo and the pit temp was at 165 and the internal temp of the briskets was 177. I had ran out of propane and it must have been shorley after the 11 o'clock pit check. Pleas don't give me to hard of a time about the propane. By the way I forgot to take pics of the meat after I had cut it up and fixed my plate. Here here is a chart of the cook of the internal temp of the briskets and the pit.

Hour----------Meat temp-------Pit temp
2-----------------45--------------230
3-----------------93--------------270
4-----------------132-------------254
5-----------------149-------------254
6-----------------160-------------252
7-----------------165-------------240
8-----------------173-------------250 went to gas
9-----------------183-------------252
10----------------187-------------247
11----------------190-------------246

Went to sleep :oops:

Webshots must be down. Will post pics later.

Here are the pics

The briskets one was 12#'s and the other 9.8#s

Briskets rub down with mustard and rub

Brats and man were they good

Done brisket I think

An this is the 12 pounder vacum sealed and ready to go the freezer to be eaten another day.

Hey Tann howd' they taste?

also....do you have any close up pics of that klose...especially where the propane hooks into the Q? thanks man Good job!

I fell asleep once....that time was also due to beer..haha :D

dollarbill said:
Hey Tann howd' they taste?

also....do you have any close up pics of that klose...especially where the propane hooks into the Q? thanks man Good job!

I fell asleep once....that time was also due to beer..haha :D
I will take pics and post them. By the way they did taste good. Can't wait to see the one we froze does when we reheat it.

Back
Top Bottom