Coming after your favorite foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kloset BBQR

Executive Chef
We'll that seems a little bit of a leap here if you ask me especially since Al Gore has a known passion for BBQ. Unless he can link it to global warming, I wouldn't worry too much.

That being said, to paraphrase a great American Charlton Heston, "They can have my BBQ when they pull it (pun intented) from my cold dead fingers" :D

Dr,

Don't forget Gore's chartered jet either. Please don't mistake me for a Gore advocate. Personally I think he went stark raving mad after the 2000 election loss. But being the true hypocrite that he is and as you have pointed out, I don't see him going after BBQ. Most of the fast food restaurants now offer salads as healthy fare so that they can claim that they offer diners a choice but when you factor in the heavy dressings and bacon bits they have more grams of fat than a Big Mac. I believe genes do play a role to a certain extent but lets face it, if your eating three Big Macs at a pop, it's more than genes. The biggest deterrent to unhealthy food as far as I am concerned that the fast food restaurants offer is their food itself. It is uniformly awful and with nitwits and boobs running the places, the service sucks. So I go elsewhere for my unhealthy food, usually home cooked. The biggest threat to BBQ that I have seen so far come from the environmentalist that claim that the burning of wood is causing air pollution and banning the use of wood/charcoal burning cookers. We've already seen this in NYC and parts of California. In the end, I don't think that the government cares too much if we die young. They've got us for our working years and this could potentially be a cure for the looming Social Security crisis in another 10 to 15 years. Perhaps the feds will actually advocate BBQ as a healthy diet to solve this problem. :D

BTW I took a look at your site. Nice site and great looking food there Dr.
BBQ is here to stay, don't worry. A very high percentage of BBQ'rs are also NRA members and supporters of the second amendment. The biggest threat to BBQ as I see it are guys like Bobby Flay and the yuppies in California coming up with Tofu BBQ dishes. Now that just scares the hell out of me! :D

I, for one, am sick and tired of the government trying to take over each detail of my life. I agree what rules they make for us the little people don't seem to count when it comes to the lawmakers and wealthy.

I do believe genes play a big role in size. You'd have to just look at my sister and me to see that. We were raised in the same house, by the same parents, eating the same foods every day. She is so skinny the doctors encourage her to gain weight, this after 2 kids. Nothing she's tried has made her gain weight. I am a much larger person than she is. I'm not grossly obese as some who've seen my pic can attest but I'm not a beanpole like my sister either. It's always been this way since we were small children. She was even allowed to eat certain junk foods that I wasn't and we rarely had soft drinks or candy bars around until we were in high school. My mother cooked from scratch every meal and we rarely ate out or ate processed foods. I was 13 by the time I first tried Hamburger Helper and hated it! Nothing but genes make sense!

I agree with the Dr., its a coming. "They" are already going after the fast food companys. One of them even changed the type of cooking oil used in the fryers to avoid a lawsuit. The nanny-elites need to have the government save us from ourselves and the evil corporations. Otherwise there would be no use for them. Goes to the redistribution of wealth; that people are too stupid to make thier own decissions; and the government needs to be more intrusive into our lives.

I'd like to have them all take a long walk on a short pier. :D

Ah, Chicago the City of Corruption and the home of vote early, vote often, Mayor Daley. Who'd of thunk it? :D

Funny how they focus on Foie gras and the fast food chains and not Chicago Deep Dish Pizza isn't it? Sounds like a bunch of aldermen looking for some under the table contributions from the fast food industry!

Dr. Please, put me on your alert list and notify me when they come after the BBQ. More than willing to assist.

From my cold dead fingers! :D

Talk is cheap. Too many "Yankee wannabees"(Southerners) who constitute a very large voting block. You won't hear anything after whoever is trying to get money by promoting this BS that just came out gets their money. That's what makes everything go 'round. Don't forget it. NO matter what they say publicly...follow the money.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom