Coldest day of the year and I am smokin.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
brian j said:
fwiw pick a thermometer you're going to use and stick with it. you will drive yourself crazy trying to drive by both the grate and dome thermometers.

more unsolicated advise... i would cook at 250 or even 275 at the dome therm. you can cook at 225 but it'll take a LOOOOOOONG time. :roll:

I agree with Brian!

I like to go low even with a WSM with a fully belly...give it a long time for the smokering to develop and the flavor to develop...just how I like to do it...(I'm one of those people who belives that the meat stops taking on smoke flavor once the ring stops forming or at least good smoke flavor)

Well, the top dome temp is now settled down to 237*. The meat is at 143*. The smell is fantastic. I am tempted to open her up and take a pic but I will refrain. :roll:

Green Hornet said:
Looking forward to those finished pics! :P

1.gif
ME TOO!

Looking good, Bill. Looking real good.

Thanks for the explanation on the temp difference. I have always worked with dome temp on WSMs. Interesting the amount of difference but makes sense.

Getting my learn on today! :D

brian j said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":18vrkwco]Had to do it. Couldn't resist any longer.
dag gummit. put the lid back on![/quote:18vrkwco]

You can't foil with the lid on! :damnfunny

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="brian j":1nyqz9hs][quote="Bill The Grill Guy":1nyqz9hs]Had to do it. Couldn't resist any longer.
dag gummit. put the lid back on![/quote:1nyqz9hs]

You can't foil with the lid on! :damnfunny[/quote:1nyqz9hs]

Bite me foil boy.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="brian j":2t20z6zv][quote="Bill The Grill Guy":2t20z6zv]Had to do it. Couldn't resist any longer.
dag gummit. put the lid back on![/quote:2t20z6zv]

You can't foil with the lid on! :damnfunny[/quote:2t20z6zv]

Foil the lid :LOL:

Dag gummit?? :LOL: WTF??

Okay you WSM owners, splain this. The top butts are at 170 and the bottom butts are at 156. WUZ up wit dat?

Before anyone asks, I used sand.

Back
Top Bottom