Cobia update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Green Hornet

Head Chef
I got a heck of a nice surprise from my neighbor. He enjoyed the smoked fish a lot and made a fish spread out of it and gave me a bowl. It came out really delicious! The smokey flavor came through nicely. I can only hope he catches some more! I ate it all in one sitting! I am going to find out how he made it cuz I liked it so much. I think it will work for other fish too.

I did a similar spread with some of the salmon I smoked a while back. All I did was mix the smoked salmon with a block of cream cheese and rolled it in pecans. I made two of these, we ate one at home and I took one to work and they were gone very quickly. They were simple and delicious.

Larry Wolfe said:
I did a similar spread with some of the salmon I smoked a while back. All I did was mix the smoked salmon with a block of cream cheese and rolled it in pecans. I made two of these, we ate one at home and I took one to work and they were gone very quickly. They were simple and delicious.
That would work.

All right pipe down and listen up...here is what the guy told me.......
1 1/2 cups crumbled smoked fish (Cobia)
1/2 cup milk
8oz cream cheese softened
1/4 cup minced onion
1 stalk minced celery
1 tbls minced parsley
3 tsp sweet pickle juice
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp worchestershire sauce
cayenne,salt and pepper as you please.

Put fish into a bowl and add milk. cover and chill for about an hour. stir in the creanm cheese, onion, celery, parsley, relish, lemon juice, worchestershire, cayenne, salt pepper then cover and chill about 3 hoursto blend the flavors. Enjoy :D

Green Hornet said:
All right pipe down and listen up...here is what the guy told me.......
1 1/2 cups crumbled smoked fish (Cobia)
1/2 cup milk
8oz cream cheese softened
1/4 cup minced onion
1 stalk minced celery
1 tbls minced parsley
3 tsp sweet pickle juice
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp worchestershire sauce
cayenne,salt and pepper as you please.

Put fish into a bowl and add milk. cover and chill for about an hour. stir in the creanm cheese, onion, celery, parsley, relish, lemon juice, worchestershire, cayenne, salt pepper then cover and chill about 3 hoursto blend the flavors. Enjoy :D
Here is what I did for my Cobia that I did awhile back. It turned out great! Should work with other fishes too.

Back
Top Bottom