Clod and Butts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I got off to a later start than I wanted to this morning…the whole changing the clock thing really sucks..I’ve got two butts and a clod on the 22. I hit the Butts with some Swine Syndicate Rub Out….and the Clod with the Swine Syndicate Beef Rub…I’m using some Kingsford Comp Blend and a mix of Cherry and Hickory from Smokinlicous.
The Clod

The Butts

More stuff might be going on the cooker later…the Mrs is going shopping later….and Mikey is cooking us some steaks in honor of his birthday.

At some point I plan on foiling which I don’t typically do….but this is a freezer cook and the clod could dry out if not foiled…

I also used less charcoal in the chimney then I have in the past and the temps here are much milder than my other cooks….it will be interesting to see how the 22 functions…..
I ended up using a bag and a half of the K comp blend in the ring....we'll see how long it holds up...

john pen said:
Pardon my ignorance sir..What is a clod ?
Beef Shoulder...before they break it down to its various parts....chuck roast..blade roast ect....you know jp...you aren't that far away...hell I'd even spring for that water you drink...that light stuff......

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="john pen":2poe0z9o]Pardon my ignorance sir..What is a clod ?

Have you heard of a guy around here .............. Puff?[/quote:2poe0z9o]

Isn't he gay ?

john pen said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1qdusl84][quote="john pen":1qdusl84]Pardon my ignorance sir..What is a clod ?

Have you heard of a guy around here .............. Puff?[/quote:1qdusl84]

Isn't he gay ?[/quote:1qdusl84]
Then he would be doing a rump roast....

8hrs in and the charcoal in the ring is down to almost nothing...Smoker temp is in the 220-230 range....next time I use the 22 I think I'm going to try sand or foil balls in the water pan...hopefully I'll get a longer burn time with a full ring..
This is how much charcoal is left after 9 hrs…I started with a bag and a half….the ring was full at the start of the cook…

I think it was in the 12lb range...as for the rest of the pics..thats all I took it was a long day cooking ;)

Back
Top Bottom