Cliff's Thursday cook thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
I spent most of the night doing prep work. I finally got everything rubbed or injected at 1:00am. " BBQ is a lot of work but I hardly noticed". I already have the chargriller cleaned up and ready to go. I plan to add one more Pappy mod while the meat is on.

I have a lot of new stuff that I want to try. Everything goes on tomorrow at about 7:00ish. I have two books that I have been getting ideas from and some sample rub to try out so here is the line up.

One Boston Butt rubbed with wooster, mustard and Wolfe rub.

One Boston Butt injected and rubbed with a Chris Lilly combo I mixd up from the book "Peace Love and Barbecue."

One slab of spares rubbed with wooster, mustard and Tex-joy.

One slab of spares rubbed with woostser, mustard and " Magic Dust" from the said book " PL&B"

One slab of spares rubbed with wooster, mustard and Wolfe Rub "Bold".

I have a new ET-72 to monitor the pit temp.

I will be cooking with new to me Kingsford Charwood Lump and hickory chunks. I also purchased a smoker box so I could add some of the BBQ Delight "Apple" pellets.

I even bought some of the grill wipes that The Joker told us about.

Now that's going to be a full Char Griller :shock:
Good luck can't wait for the pic's ;)

Butts went on around 7:00am I was able to take this pic about an hour later, once the smoke from the BBQ delight pellets burned out.

Sounds like a great line up cliff, one question though. Before I rub I slather with either mustard OR wooster sauce depending on the rub. You use both, any particular reason??? have fun!

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
Sounds like a great line up cliff, one question though. Before I rub I slather with either mustard OR wooster sauce depending on the rub. You use both, any particular reason??? have fun!

No reason at all. Just trying to get the best of EVERYTHING. :D

Cliff H. said:
[quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":f8l8f28u]Sounds like a great line up cliff, one question though. Before I rub I slather with either mustard OR wooster sauce depending on the rub. You use both, any particular reason??? have fun!

No reason at all. Just trying to get the best of EVERYTHING. :D[/quote:f8l8f28u]

Got it....looks good so far

Dumped the ash tray and reloaded with lump. 1/2 bag burned for about four hours with me adding hickory to it.

Here is the exhaust mod

I don't think I can get anything else on here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom