Cliff's Christmas Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
I am typing from Texas. I am here for Christmas with the family. I have a interestiing cook coming up.

Two Butts
Three racks of spares
One brisket flat
Two chickens

Lots of different cook times and all will be served around 5:00

It is going to be a long night and day. Brother Brex will be here about 8:00am to back me up.

Butts are on at 4:00am rubbed with mustard and Texas BBQ Rub.

Some of you may remember me mentioning that I lost my Dad to throat cancer back in Feb. of this year.

I was telling my mom about a particular sample of rub we are going to use on chicken today and others that I wanted to try. She went to the pantry and came out with a bag of TX BBQ rub that my dad had bought but only taste tested. I decided to do both butts with that rub.

Here are some early morning pics just incase someone thinks I am not really cooking today. :LOL:

I started at 3:00. Coal bed was ready about 4:00

Butts on at 4:00 and brisket on at 5:00 in the am.

That looks darn good!!

img_75596_0_84cce743b1c1bd2abfaff7cb2a03b56b.gif

Cook came together pretty well. I missed the chicken turn in by about thirty minutes. :?

I thought the small brisket flat would be dry after sitting in the cooler for five hours but it was still real tender.

The butts were outstanding. This was my first time using TX BBQ Rub. I wasn't sure about it because of the high brown sugar content but it was very good. I foiled at 165, pulled at 200 and rested for 3 hours.

Three different rubs on the ribs. Wolfe rub original was the only one that met my expectations.

Chickens just did not want to get up to temp so they were a little late coming off the pit even after cranking the heat up a bit to get them finished.

I was the only one that got a taste of them They were juicy and tender.

Merry Christmas to everyone from Cliff, Brex and Family. :D

Fantastic looking spread of food Cliff! I'm sure it tasted even better than it looked!!! Great job, thanks for sharing!

Almost forgot these pics.

Little fishing in Dec down at the pond.

Brex forced me to take his caddy and a big load of hickory back to Ar with me.

Cliff those pic's are the icing on the cake!!! I love to see youngin's fishin'. Reminds me of me and my dad!!!

Back
Top Bottom