Cleaning out the Freezer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rain just about to stop. Put the fattys on and foiled the ribs, with some apple juice, while it was slacked up. Turkey is about done and the shoulder is looking good. (no pics because of the rain)

BigGQ said:
Rain just about to stop. Put the fattys on and foiled the ribs, with some apple juice, while it was slacked up. Turkey is about done and the shoulder is looking good. (no pics because of the rain)
Go get an umbrella :eek:
We need the pics..... 8-[

Fattys ready to go
img0242oe2.jpg

Turkey is done!
img0243un8.jpg

Fattys too!
img0244rc0.jpg

And the ribs
img0245ev5.jpg

No bananas for this monkey! Meat tonight!
img0246kq7.jpg

Shoulder still on the WSM sitting at 176 degrees...AND IT IS F*%$#&! raining again...hard! Make me want to go ape $H!T.

I apologize for the pics being so big. Don't know how that happen! :) :)

LMFAO!! Talk about close ups!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: looks great ma man!! =P~ =P~ :!:

It is lighting and thundering outside now! However the WSM held true and the shoulder come up to temp. Pulled it at 190 degrees...under an umbrella.

The first cuts...

Tender and moist but not as much smoke ring as I thought it might have. :-(

BigGQ said:
Tender and moist but not as much smoke ring as I thought it might have. :-(
That's an excellent smoke ring!! It don't get no better than that!! :(

Food looks great Mokey man :!: =D> =D> The smoke ring on the butt looks good to me.

Chris

Wow Garland that turkey looked incredible, as well as everything else!! You didn't say how everything tasted??? If it tasted as good as it looked you had a treat last night! Maybe you can cook something up for us Friday night in MB.

Everything looked good until the self portrait. It scared the dog so bad he won't come out from under the bed. :razz: :razz:

As for SOTB...Maybe some ABT's with crawfish and pineapple cream cheese.... :)

Good Q!

Jack

Thanks for all the good words everybody!

Larry, everything tasted really good. The ribs were Mrs. Monkey's favorite. Nice bark and good flavor, thanks to the Wolf Rub.

My first time doing fattys. Those are really good...especially with the cheese. Thanks for the tips on them, Larry.

The turkey was the real surprise. I had my doubts about it as it had been in the bottom of the freezer for about a year and a half. I also forgot to inject it. While the skin did not crisp up as much as I would have liked, the flavor and moisture content was excellent.

After eating all that, I only had a little room for a taste of the shoulder. It was nice and smokey tasting, after being in the WSM for 12 hours. Looking back at the pics, it did have a pretty decent smoke ring. Must have been the monkey juice interfering with my vision. The Wolf Rub made some incredible bark on the shoulder. Will be eating it for dinner in just a few minutes.

Now for Jack W...your lucky I don't call the SPCA on you...scaring your dog like that is borderline abuse! Dogs don't like monkeys! But monkeys like dogs. And as for the Crawfish ABTs...I'm tired of talking bout them…you show at SOTB and you'll get your elusive monkey turds! :grin:

Man, I ate so much I almost had problems breathing. All that food pushing up against the little monkey lungs...was hard to make room for air! :eek:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom