Cider Brined Pork Chops with Apple Jelly Glaze

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Qjuju

Senior Cook
When Greg posted the video link to Adam Perry Lang and Artie Lange, 2 people I did not recall ever hearing about, on the Jimmy Kimmel show I was laughing for hours after seeing that. Now I wasn't going to run out for a bug sprayer or a paint bucket and small brush, but his food looked decent, given the situation, and Artie seemed to like it as well. :LOL: So, I had to go check out his book. When I was flipping through the pork section I said... I could make that... and that... and that... and that... and that... and that... and that... and I went and paid for the book. :)

Now the other sections look tasty too, but I am working these first 7 pork recipes first. This was my first attempt at #1. It was very very good. On the first bite the others at the table began to talk about how they were initially hit with sweet, then came a little salty/savory. and a very subtle heat on the back of the bite. Wow... complexity and layering of flavor...thats a good thing. The book is good... the pork chops were delicious... and I am looking forward to recipe #2 next week! :)

Enjoy!

Pork chops... I prefer bone in
DSC01348.JPG

Brine...
DSC01349.JPG

Rub...
DSC01355.JPG

Dinner...
DSC01357.JPG

Although Im not a big chop fan that looks killer! Great pics of some great lookin food. Ill bet it tasted good goood!

Back
Top Bottom