Church BBQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK NOW THATS COOKING!

I got my start helping out at the church pig roast. I learned a lot, and had a great time as well. Sure looks good!

Insane amount of work. I'm doing butts, and briskets with sides for 400 Wed/Thur of this week.

Tim, what kind of church to you go to? I'm Presbyterian and
my sister went to Haiti 2 summers to build health clinics....she's in
China now.

JTsBBQ said:
Yeah it was alot of work. However, the church had alot of volunteers and when you cook for the lord it always works out IMHO. They pre-sold tickets and then did cash sales on the last day. When you start smoking the parking lot & road up, we had folks pulling in to place orders. It was really alot of fun. :D

Thanks,

Tim

Learn how to do a Brunswick Stew in the late fall, and you will have just as many people.

Man yall do it right.. they only had hotdogs and hamburgers were we go... Killer BBQ-in!!!!! :D

BchrisL said:
JTsBBQ said:
Yeah it was alot of work. However, the church had alot of volunteers and when you cook for the lord it always works out IMHO. They pre-sold tickets and then did cash sales on the last day. When you start smoking the parking lot & road up, we had folks pulling in to place orders. It was really alot of fun. :D

Thanks,

Tim

Learn how to do a Brunswick Stew in the late fall, and you will have just as many people.

South Carolina is an anomaly for Brunswick Stew...it is hailed and claimed
in Georgia, North Carolina and Virginia, but in the Palmetto state, it's virtually unknown. Instead, the heavy side to barbecue that can stand alone as a meal is hash. I cooked close to 20 gallons of brunswick stew
last year and was lucky to break even at a festival....no one knew what it was.

Captain Morgan said:
BchrisL said:
JTsBBQ said:

Thanks,

Tim

South Carolina is an anomaly for Brunswick Stew...it is hailed and claimed
in Georgia, North Carolina and Virginia, but in the Palmetto state, it's virtually unknown. Instead, the heavy side to barbecue that can stand alone as a meal is hash. I cooked close to 20 gallons of brunswick stew
last year and was lucky to break even at a festival....no one knew what it was.

They know now! This year should be good for you!

Big Job

Looks great Tim. Talking to my church in Clemson about doing something like that. Hope to see you an the road this fall. :D

Andrew
Swig-n-Pig

Back
Top Bottom