Chukity Chuck Chuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
All the chucks being done lately and the wind finally stopped, I decided it's Chuck Time! Same method, worcestershire and Wolfe Rub Bold, smoking over Royal Oak and 3 hickory chunks. It's a small chuck about 4lbs. Gonna do another competition chicken practice later too, need to practice for Salisbury!

I also installed my BQ250 Tel Tru Thermometer onto Junior!

Chuck is coming along nicely and I just added the chicken!

Yeah yeah, I know chicken over other food is a no no. The meat under the chicken will cook for much longer, therefore be perfectly safe!

Larry Wolfe said:
Chuck is coming along nicely and I just added the chicken!

Yeah yeah, I know chicken over other food is a no no. The meat under the chicken will cook for much longer, therefore be perfectly safe![/size]
Hi Larry, was just going to ask about that, but after I got out my magnifying glass I see you already answered the question.

Captain Morgan said:
what's on the chicken?

For now Wolfe Rub Original, but I just flipped it and have basted it with a Spzecial version of Spzecial Szauce.

Nick Prochilo said:
Coming along fine Larry! I had a chuck over a turkey last week and didn't care a lot for the additional flavor in the turkey.

Nick that's opposite to what I'm doing. I think the chuck flavor would overpower the turkey, but not visa versa. The little chicken juice that drips on the chuck in my case should (I hope) be fine. I'll let you know.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":2f8lnifa]Coming along fine Larry! I had a chuck over a turkey last week and didn't care a lot for the additional flavor in the turkey.

Nick that's opposite to what I'm doing. I think the chuck flavor would overpower the turkey, but not visa versa. The little chicken juice that drips on the chuck in my case should (I hope) be fine. I'll let you know.[/quote:2f8lnifa]

You are right on the overpowering part. Some of the flavor from the rub dripped on it also and played hell with the final results. I'm gonna have to give your way a try next.

Chuck is done! Too much other food to make a sammich tonight............."I have Morgan Syndrome".......

Back
Top Bottom