chuckies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camp_cookie

Senior Cook
img_159921_0_9807bd3acaebd64e420e06f856968f20.jpg

The above chuckies are now resting in a cooler. One will be sliced for supper tonight and sandwhiches tomorrow. The other will be part of an experiment for supper tomorrow night. I used BGE lump and hickory chunks. They are seasoned with Dizzy Pig Cow Lick.

Ok the ones you are doing look like roast and the ones Cappy did look like steaks. Am I right or wrong. I would assume you would slice these like a brisket or a roast. Right or wrong. Anyway looking forward to see how the experiment turns out.

Thanks for the kind words.

As for the experiment, I recently bought a cookbook centered around chuck wagon type cooking. One of the recipes is for "cowboy hash" and uses left over roast beef. Instead of using roast beef, I was going to use smoked beef. Unfortunately, my gout is acting up bad today; so, I don't know if I am going to make it for supper tonight. Plus, we are having a very bad thunderstorm right now; so, cooking it outside in the 12" camp oven with coals is a no go.

I may make it indoors for the wife to have for supper when she gets home from work.

gout?

which I have, but I keep it under control by taking alapurinal (sp?) I have been taking if for several yrs, no side effects, no dietary restrictions ask your MD.

Re: gout?

sluggo said:
which I have, but I keep it under control by taking alapurinal (sp?) I have been taking if for several yrs, no side effects, no dietary restrictions ask your MD.

I tried the alapurinal, but it made me groggy.

Tannehill Kid said:
Ok the ones you are doing look like roast and the ones Cappy did look like steaks. Am I right or wrong. I would assume you would slice these like a brisket or a roast. Right or wrong. Anyway looking forward to see how the experiment turns out.

Cappy cooked Chuck Eye Steaks which come from the end of the rib roast and are pretty tender and should be grilled pretty quick over high heat.

Chuck roasts are a tougher cut that come from the shoulder and do best cooked low and slow and foiled at some point to braise until tender. You can slice or pull, my preference is pulled chuck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom