Chuckie and Butts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I picked up a 26lb chuck roll today and a pair of pork butts. I'm going to do them on the 22 WSM overnight. I think I might use Kingsford Hickory as the fuel source. Pics to come

img_238222_0_d9fa5a097c97e997c98bc2f59564c03a.jpg

I can't wait to see how long it takes the Chuck to cook...I'm guessing it will be done with the Butts...but I could be wrong. See you in the am

Nothing beats the smell of BBQ cooking in the am. 6am and the chuck is at 170 dome temp on the smoker is right where I left it at 225-250*

Looks fantastic, Witt! That will be some fantastic pulled beef and pork sammies!

Butts are off and resting

I moved Chuckie to the top rack..it's almost done there is just a muscle group on top that is slowly lagging behind the rest of it...I think it was touching the top grate during the cooking process or there was enough room between the bottom of the butts and the top of the chuck for the air to circulate effeciently

Anyway we will be eating good tonight...the kids hammered the potatoe packets this morning for Bfast.
I'm off to the store for sides once they go to school.....I'm thinking about smoking some corn on the cobb and sweet taters...

Traegernator said:
JIMMYJAM said:
God damn man thats alota meat! Can't wait to see how this plays out

I hear that all the time! It all looks fantastic! Well done!!!!
So do I but instead of it being said about my sausage they are talking about my pork belly.

Chuckie is done and well....I had to taste test it...grabbed a handfull of it and placed it on sour dough rolls, grabbed a few pickles and a bock beer. Man this stuff came out great. The rest is in a red neck cambro waiting for everyone else to get home from school. I picked up some corn on the cob, the sweet taters and did up a fruit salad, oh yeah boiled up some eggs for a nice side.

wittdog said:
Chuckie is done and well....I had to taste test it...grabbed a handfull of it and placed it on sour dough rolls, grabbed a few pickles and a bock beer. Man this stuff came out great. The rest is in a red neck cambro waiting for everyone else to get home from school. I picked up some corn on the cob, the sweet taters and did up a fruit salad, oh yeah boiled up some eggs for a nice side.

BTW the sammies were gone in a Flash

Back
Top Bottom