Chuckie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it is better than Brisket, cuz I love Chuck. I yanked it off at about 165* with a rest for about 15 mins. I was going to try pulling it but I was running out of time for dinner and knew I could not get it even close to 200* by suppertime. :oops:

Green Hornet said:
I think it is better than Brisket, cuz I love Chuck. I yanked it off at about 165* with a rest for about 15 mins. I was going to try pulling it but I was running out of time for dinner and knew I could not get it even close to 200* by suppertime. :oops:
My guess was 170°. How was it for tender?

I'll bet that little bark-covered morsel sort of hiding in the background didn't make it to the table. ;)

--John

Cliff H. said:
If you want the meat pullable then plan on about three hours per lb.

It gets to 165 pretty quick compared to 200.
Cliff that's what it took me the other day was about 3 hrs a pound. Carried 2 three pounders to 200. Took left overs to work and they went crazy over it.

Unity said:
Green Hornet said:
My guess was 170°. How was it for tender?

I'll bet that little bark-covered morsel sort of hiding in the background didn't make it to the table. ;)

How did it pull

--John

Back
Top Bottom