Chuck Roast's x 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Wasn't gonna cook today, but I got the itch. I went to the store originally to get stuff for a meatloaf, then decided I wanted shredded beef. So I picked up two small 2.5lb chuck roasts. Rubbed down with WolfeRub and threw them onto the WSM with Kingsford and hickory chunks and sand in the water pan. It's windy as all get out today so I shut the bottom vents down by 75% as soon as the temp hit 120* vs. the normal 200*. Pit temp is up to 165* now and the meat is at 64*. Gonna cook unfoiled until it hits 165* internal temp and then foil for several additional hours until the meat is fork tender. Then gonna put it on some potato rolls and sauce. We're having slaw and potato salad for sides.

Larry i did that last night for the first time, i foiled after 4 hours and pulled off at 205 then shredded and added BBQ sauce and made beef sandwiches

:(

Meats at 148*, and as windy as it is the WSM is holding very steady at 250*. Just added some chorizo to the cooker too.

Here we go! The chuck turned out great. The chorizo, sucked! Worst chorizo I've ever had. Otherwise, a good cook!

The chorizo was just the store brand. It tasted like they were stuffed with grease and hot sauce.

The chorizo I get here is the same, and I've tried 2 different brands.
It falls apart into a crumbly mess and is very very greasy.
I had a chorizo pizza at a joint down here and there's had a more traditional sausage/kielbasa texture to it.

Back
Top Bottom