Chuck Roast first timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chris Finney said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1cl30gh8]I've only done 1 of each. The roll was much fattier. They were both good eats. The roll was also a shit load of food, started at 18.75 lbs. The roasts were 7.75 lbs.

But was it more than 2.42 times fattier than your 7.75 lbs roast? :?[/quote:1cl30gh8]

I'll suggest to you guys this is where cutting the chuck roll up allows more to escape from the smaller chunks ,though you may have started with the same amount of fat.

Shawn White said:
[quote="Chris Finney":272kpri7][quote="Nick Prochilo":272kpri7]I've only done 1 of each. The roll was much fattier. They were both good eats. The roll was also a shit load of food, started at 18.75 lbs. The roasts were 7.75 lbs.

But was it more than 2.42 times fattier than your 7.75 lbs roast? :?[/quote:272kpri7]

I'll suggest to you guys this is where cutting the chuck roll up allows more to escape from the smaller chunks ,though you may have started with the same amount of fat.[/quote:272kpri7]

Shawn has hit the nail on the head!! :bow:

Chris Finney said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1a00dcdv]I've only done 1 of each. The roll was much fattier. They were both good eats. The roll was also a shit load of food, started at 18.75 lbs. The roasts were 7.75 lbs.

But was it more than 2.42 times fattier than your 7.75 lbs roast? :?[/quote:1a00dcdv]

One of these days I'll stop and weigh the fat when I'm done. It was a considerable amount more fat, but it was still good.

I remember my first 20+ lb CR. Foiled as per TVWB instructions. Removed from cooker and it was DROWNING in liquid fat. Drain, rest in foil. Open it up, another pool. Squeeze then start pulling, board knife and gloves covered. Meat was all greasy.

I am wondering to myself if I will actually ever do a CR with all the "greasy" comments here.

Perhaps I will just stick to full packers and have that instead of a roll or roast! What do you think Woodman!?? :?

Hey Greg, You're gonna be missing a great tasting piece of meat. Much different taste than a brisket. I'll do chuck roasts from now on instead of rolls, much less fat and still great taste. I'll keep doing briskets too, love them also.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom