Chuck Roast Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm having picture problems, I'll let you know when they are solved. I'll try imageshack.

Rubbed with Home BBQ's Beef Rub

Oak and cherry wood.

Mopped with marinade at 5 1/2 hour mark.

Bruce B said:
It's makka-makka wood from the Uranus tree, found only in Virginia.

Hey now, we dont want to piss off too many Virginians.

4.gif

18.gif

When using the WSM I use 6 good size chunks of hickory for just about everything I cook. It's never been too smokey at all.

BTW, good looking young lady you have there!

Larry Wolfe said:
When using the WSM I use 6 good size chunks of hickory for just about everything I cook. It's never been too smokey at all.

BTW, good looking young lady you have there!

Yeah, I think I'll keep her around for a few more years. Thanks!

Spiceysmoke said:
Good lookin meat there Bruce. I've never heard of Makka-Makka smoke wood. What does Uranus smell like?

It almost has a minty freshness characteristic to it, of course, that depends totally on the brand of soap being used.

well here is the final report and I will post the few remaining pics on Wednesday sometime.

IT SUCKED! By far the worse cook I have ever had.

1. Did not like the flavor profile the marinade and mop gave the meat. Some might I just didn't care for it.

2. I took the meat off at 186 at 4:30, wrapped in foil and let rest in cooler wrapped in towel. It was tough and stringy. Did not pull like the chuck rolls and roasts I've done in the past. Didn't cook it long enough.

The few tender pieces I did find were just OK. Didn't care for it, had a sandwich, wife and daughter had one and I threw the rest away.

The coleslaw was very good.

Scratch that one up to experience.

Damn sorry to hear it turned out bad Bruce. I've always foiled chuck roasts around 165* and pull at 190*. Do you normally not foil for the entire cook? Not sure if that would have possibly helped it turn out better. Oh well, we all have bad cooks. Better luck next time. :badgrin:

Damn Bruce, sorry to hear that...It looked good on the smoker though..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom