Chuck N' Butt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
I am doing a 5lb butt and a 3lb chuck roast. Never done them before but I have read thru all pertaining threads and have some idea what should happen. The wind is very calm today in Ar. The temp is going to be 100+ on this fine day.

I am about to head to Bed Bath and Beyond and pick up a Maverick.
Running in and out of the house to check temps has got to stop. :badgrin:

Sweeeeeeeet! Good luck Cliff! Keep us posted! Buying the Maverick is a very good decision and money well spent!

Looks good cliff!! Those mavericks are great. It is nice not to have to run out every few min to check your pit temp. You can just sit on your ass and watch the tv. Like me :!:

chris1237 said:
Looks good cliff!! Those mavericks are great. It is nice not to have to run out every few min to check your pit temp. You can just sit on your ass and watch the tv. Like me :!:
I like Bubba's method he watches his temps on TV...

I decided to hold out one more week for the maverick. :-(

The good news is that the chargriller is holding temps between 235-250 good today. I loaded the basket with kingsford.

I looked around and realized that I was just about out of wood. I am using mesquite chunks with a mix of pear that is not fully seasoned.

I will just have to take it easy with pear :!:

Butt is at 151 deg. Been on for a little over five hours.
I will have to dump the ashes in about another hour.

I have got a little lunch on there also :D

On a side note. While I was out tending to the pit a car rolled down the hill from across the street and took out part of my next door neighbors deck and then bounced off of the corner of the brick structure of his house. #-o

Had the car rolled ten feet the other direction it would have rolled thru my privacy fence and possibly bumped into my chargriller. :eek:

That would have pissed me off. :-X

Cliff H. said:
On a side note. While I was out tending to the pit a car rolled down the hill from across the street and took out part of my next door neighbors deck and then bounced off of the corner of the brick structure of his house. #-o

Had the car rolled ten feet the other direction it would have rolled thru my privacy fence and possibly bumped into my chargriller. :eek:

I woulda been upset too.....no one likes their shi* ruined, or their pork

Cliff H. said:

Man i'm glad the smoker is okay :eek:
Pics of that would be :(

They look great! The color is unbelievable!! You're not enhancing these pics, are ya?? :grin: :grin:

How do you like a butt cooked in a pan vs. on a grate?

Back
Top Bottom