Christmas Dinner Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddog27

Sous Chef
I was watching the Food network and Tyler Florin said, “Thanksgiving is all about the Turkey but Christmas is all about the Prime rib.â€

We're doing a turkey this year for Christmas because my son hasn't had a home cooked turkey in 4 years. I'm also doing fresh & smoked kielbasa and my mom is bring a tray of lasagna. Should be some good eats!

It depends on where we are and what they're having. We haven't had Christmas at home since sometime in the 1970s.

--John 8)
(This year will be at our son's in Salinas CA. I haven't asked what we'll be eating.)

Unity said:
It depends on where we are and what they're having. We haven't had Christmas at home since sometime in the 1970s.

--John 8)
(This year will be at our son's in Salinas CA. I haven't asked what we'll be eating.)
CA....you might need my tofu recipe :LOL:

wittdog said:
Unity said:

--John 8)
CA....you might need my tofu recipe :LOL:
Hmm, maybe I could talk them into letting me grill a Santa Maria tri-tip. :D

--John 8)

Larry Wolfe said:
WildFireEric said:
Whatever's on the menu at Denny's

Were the ribs that bad? :LOL:

Thanks for asking Larry. The ribs were fine. I might need to try my BBQ Galore chicken holder for a Xmas chicken? That was one of the reasons I was late to cook them ribs. That and I accidentally did a "Magoo" and turned into the mall traffic. I might need to change my name to magoo eric if i do anymore bonehead things.

We never cook for Xmas. Too much work. In CA we'd go to Amy folk's house. Out here in VA, we're on our own. McDonalds is usually closed that day :( I might check out Arbys or something. Rumor has it that Amy might do some baking this weekend. She has plenty of stuff to do it. So might have some left over cookies for Xmas this year or do a chicken. Will keep you posted if you really care.

WildFireEric said:
Larry Wolfe said:
WildFireEric said:

Thanks for asking Larry. The ribs were fine. I might need to try my BBQ Galore chicken holder for a Xmas chicken? That was one of the reasons I was late to cook them ribs. That and I accidentally did a "Magoo" and turned into the mall traffic. I might need to change my name to magoo eric if i do anymore bonehead things.

We never cook for Xmas. Too much work. In CA we'd go to Amy folk's house. Out here in VA, we're on our own. McDonalds is usually closed that day :( I might check out Arbys or something. Rumor has it that Amy might do some baking this weekend. She has plenty of stuff to do it. So might have some left over cookies for Xmas this year or do a chicken. Will keep you posted if you really care.

I was kididng about the ribs! You gotta WSM Eric, don't do McD's for X-mas dinner! There's all kinds of stuff you can cook, turkey, ham, rib roast, etc. Forget McDonald..............if you start planning and cooking now dinner should be ready by Christmas!

Larry Wolfe said:
WildFireEric said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2r5vttzx]
WildFireEric said:

I was kididng about the ribs! You gotta WSM Eric, don't do McD's for X-mas dinner! There's all kinds of stuff you can cook, turkey, ham, rib roast, etc. Forget McDonald..............if you start planning and cooking now dinner should be ready by Christmas![/quote:2r5vttzx]

Thanks Larry. I'm joking of course. I'd never eat McD on Xmas, but Denny's is a possibility. We're actually debating on doing a roadie to Carolina for some tasty food. We'll save her Ronco Ron-rip-off thing for New Years dinner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom