Christmas Brisket(finished pics up)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bigwheel said:
Ok give us old absent minded Alzheimers folks a chance here. You took a bunch of flats up to 170 over Red Oak..then you wrapped em. Now might I axe did you wrap tight or loose? Did you add any liquids etc? Did you mop em with sop on the way to the time come for the Noo Yawk Crutch to be added to the equation? Whut was the terminal temp? Whut was the grade and brand? Whut kinda tinfoil did you use..etc..etc..Thanks. Shiney side in or out? How long in the hotbox? Little details can be highly impotent in these type of cases as you must know if a person watch CSI much..which I am the only person in the world who dont watch it as far as I know. See whut I'm saying here?

bigwheel
Dang Bigwheel I hate to hear of you sickness :(
Wood Red oak and pecan
Wrapped Loose
Liquids None
Mop No
Interanl finish temps 194-204 Thermo pen probe with in with no resistance
Grade I don't know
Brand Excel
Foil brand Reynolds heavy duty
Shiney side I don't remember
Hot box 45 minutes

Any other questions that I might answer :LOL:

By the way I record CSI every week and don't miss a show

Tannehill Kid said:
bigwheel said:
Ok give us old absent minded Alzheimers folks a chance here. You took a bunch of flats up to 170 over Red Oak..then you wrapped em. Now might I axe did you wrap tight or loose? Did you add any liquids etc? Did you mop em with sop on the way to the time come for the Noo Yawk Crutch to be added to the equation? Whut was the terminal temp? Whut was the grade and brand? Whut kinda tinfoil did you use..etc..etc..Thanks. Shiney side in or out? How long in the hotbox? Little details can be highly impotent in these type of cases as you must know if a person watch CSI much..which I am the only person in the world who dont watch it as far as I know. See whut I'm saying here?

bigwheel
Dang Bigwheel I hate to hear of you sickness :(
Wood Red oak and pecan
Wrapped Loose
Liquids None
Mop No
Interanl finish temps 194-204 Thermo pen probe with in with no resistance
Grade I don't know
Brand Excel
Foil brand Reynolds heavy duty
Shiney side I don't remember
Hot box 45 minutes

Any other questions that I might answer :LOL:

By the way I record CSI every week and don't miss a show
It's all in his head. :roll:

Griff said:
Let me join in; how did you vacuum seal those with all the liquid?
Griff the food saver had a moist feature on it. Gary was the one that gave me the idea to put the juices in the bag. Like I've said many times I have learned alot from you guys.

What model Foodsaver would that be TK? Thanks. Having one that can do moist would be great packing salmon and halibut in the summer.

Griff said:
What model Foodsaver would that be TK? Thanks. Having one that can do moist would be great packing salmon and halibut in the summer.
Griff the model we have is a 2420 and had it for 2 years. Use it all the time. One thing we do is double seal everthing.

Well big thanks for clearing up some gaps in the info here. You mighty special:) Know I got a bohunk pal over in Haltom City who do a harder air evacuating job on a Glad bag used in conjunction with a soda straw than can be attained by one of them bag suckker electric gizmos. Do anybody want to bet? You dont even want to meet my pal who bag suck a tall kitchen sized Glad bag with 4 chicken halves inside. Breastes down of course. Now he will hurt a person trying to keep up.

bigwheel

Another trick on the juicy food saver is to put some paper towels inside the bag just above the meat to slow down the liquid from getting to the pump.

BW, please don't post pics of your buddy drawing air from a leaf bag. I can't handle it.

Mighty fine TK!!

bigwheel said:
Well big thanks for clearing up some gaps in the info here. You mighty special:) Know I got a bohunk pal over in Haltom City who do a harder air evacuating job on a Glad bag used in conjunction with a soda straw than can be attained by one of them bag suckker electric gizmos. Do anybody want to bet? You dont even want to meet my pal who bag suck a tall kitchen sized Glad bag with 4 chicken halves inside. Breastes down of course. Now he will hurt a person trying to keep up.

bigwheel
Bigwheel my wife tells me I'm special too. On the other part of your friend the sucker he must have some really strong lungs :shock: :oops: :LOL:

ronbeaux50 said:
Another trick on the juicy food saver is to put some paper towels inside the bag just above the meat to slow down the liquid from getting to the pump.

BW, please don't post pics of your buddy drawing air from a leaf bag. I can't handle it.

Mighty fine TK!!
Ron thanks for the tip.

Did the sausage balls saturday night at a party, Just before I served them I warmed up some apricot preserves and drizzeled over the top of them.. I liked them much better then without..!

Looks really good TH.
smiley_emoticons_lila_xmas4_advent4.gif

ronbeaux50 said:
I'm thinking I could take a full chomp from that little fellow and not leave the grease drain.
Our neighbor had a Great Dane that would come over and Vader would attack him. The Great Dane would lay on the ground and Vader would be all over his head like he was going to eat him alive and the Great Dane would just lay there and take it until he had enough. He would take his paw and knock Vader off. That was one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life. Vader is 3 years old and weighs 7 pounds and the Great Dane weighed about a 110.

Back
Top Bottom