Cholesterol Up... Pork Down???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharFace

Cook
I had a physical on Friday that revealed a cholesterol level of 180... Not the end of the world, but I need to perform some preventative maintenance. Of course, the Dr. was not impressed by my story of a succulent Boston Butt I had been eating on for over a week. He winced in horror, but this is how I remember it:

http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k84/j ... 476726.pbw

Oh, yeah, I was in the zone :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

As far as preventative maintenance? Well I am a college-educated man, so for the Kentucky Derby yesterday, I drank mint juleps all day long as opposed to beer. More alcohol cuts more cholesterol, right :twisted:

180??? that's normal. NOW the DRUG companies want you to have your cholesterol down to the 140's or so.......ridiculous!!!

SteerCrazy said:
180??? that's normal. NOW the DRUG companies want you to have your cholesterol down to the 140's or so.......ridiculous!!!

That's what I thought!

I was always under the impression that <200 was fine...

Granted I am usually in the 140's, and I need to address the increase appropriately.

Dr. wanted me to leave with a sample of Crestor, no such luck on his part :roll:

CharFace said:
SteerCrazy said:

That's what I thought!

Granted I am usually in the 140's, and I need to address the increase appropriately.

Dr. wanted me to leave with a sample of Crestor, no such luck on his part :roll:

I'd leave the 'ol Doc a sample of somethin else but that's for another room ;) :LOL:

Cheerios actually work for me. Two years ago I started Cheerios for breakfast 5 or 6 days a week. After 6 months I had my annual physical. The doc asked what I had changed in my life style because my cholesterol was down 20 points. The only change was the Cheerios. And it has stayed down.

SteerCrazy said:
CharFace said:
SteerCrazy said:

That's what I thought!

I'd leave the 'ol Doc a sample of somethin else but that's for another room ;) :LOL:

Did you opt for the movie or the magazine? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I had a physical last year and was dreading the cholesterol results....they came back normal :shock: ...wonder if the machine was broke...

I been on lipitor for a few years. My vetranarian graduly increased the dose up to 40mg a day, I was having leg pain & it was the lipitor causing it. The vet switched me to crestor & its gone

Bruce B said:
SteerCrazy said:
CharFace said:
SteerCrazy said:

That's what I thought!

Did you opt for the movie or the magazine? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL:

wittdog said:
I had a physical last year and was dreading the cholesterol results....they came back normal :shock: ...wonder if the machine was broke...

That's good news Dave cause my wife's been houndin me to get my cholesterol checked but everytime you cook somethin I show her! I'll have to let her know you're cholesterol is low!! :LOL:

SteerCrazy said:
wittdog said:

That's good news Dave cause my wife's been houndin me to get my cholesterol checked but everytime you cook somethin I show her! I'll have to let her know you're cholesterol is low!! :LOL:
Now my Blood Pressure...that's a whole nother ball of wax...but I tend to be high strung to begin with... :D

I use to have high blood pressure until I started spending less time with my wife :shock: :D thank God she doesn't read this stuff

Back
Top Bottom