Chicken for Pulled Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bknox

Head Chef
Cicero, IL, but my heart is in Virginia where my f
Chicken, my favorite food group. Smoked three whole birds for my daughter 8th. We also smoked a pork butt but the wife had me running around so much there are no pictures :)

The only pictures I may have of the chicken being plated would be leftovers this week as I would have lost a finger when it was served.

Chicken_9_21_13.jpg

Pulled chicken? That sounds a little kinky. Give them a quarter each next time. The white meat lovers get the front and the dark meat aficionados get the back. Dont make me come down there. Thanks.

You are thinking of Pulling The Chicken BigWheel :)

Did I tell you I have an agreement with my wife. When we go to bed and she wants some lovin' she reaches over and pulls my bird one time. If she doesn't she reaches over and pulls my bird one thousand times. Have a good one Bigwheel.

Well we called it choking the chicken back in the old days..but I like the way you think..lol.

those are some tasty lookin birds! Do you have the same smoker as me? the ol chargriller pro? Those grates look familiar.

Boozer, Yes a chargriller pro with a side somber box. I love that thing although it is showing its age.
Yeah I really like mine too. I scored it from a house I was remodeling. the home owner asked me if I would help him lift it into the dumpster, I suggested we put it in my truck instead. The guy says to me "oh, you don't want that old piece of junk, you cant cook anything on there." and went on to tell me all about his new $800 gas grill, and how he would never buy a crappy charcoal grill ever again. While restraining myself from laughing at the guy writing my paycheck, I told him maybe I'd give it a shot anyway. lol what a moron!
I did have to fix/clean it up a bit,and buy the sidecar firebox later ($70 at bass pro) but it's a great cooker.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom