Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
2002 I got second in chicken at Oinktoberfest. I did breast, I pulled them off at 150 and then used a small torch to crisp the skin up. Don't forget they will steam a little in the turn in container. I try to beat the clock and be dead last turning in chicken.

You absolutely,unequivocally can't use a gas torch for cooking in KCBS contests. Using a gas torch to "crisp the skin up" is cheating.

Rich Decker said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":2g9xbgas]2002 I got second in chicken at Oinktoberfest. I did breast, I pulled them off at 150 and then used a small torch to crisp the skin up. Don't forget they will steam a little in the turn in container. I try to beat the clock and be dead last turning in chicken.

You absolutely,unequivocally can't use a gas torch for cooking in KCBS contests. Using a gas torch to "crisp the skin up" is cheating.[/quote:2g9xbgas]

You could use a "charcoal" torch though. 8-[

Finney said:
Rich Decker said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":9wnt1hnc]2002 I got second in chicken at Oinktoberfest. I did breast, I pulled them off at 150 and then used a small torch to crisp the skin up. Don't forget they will steam a little in the turn in container. I try to beat the clock and be dead last turning in chicken.

You absolutely,unequivocally can't use a gas torch for cooking in KCBS contests. Using a gas torch to "crisp the skin up" is cheating.

You could use a "charcoal" torch though. 8-[[/quote:9wnt1hnc]

And a weed burner! #-o

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom