Cheap White Bread Or Roll?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
What would you like a pulled pork sandwich on? Cheap white bread, Or a roll?

Ok For this house its on white bread , now if we are out of bread we use whatever is handy usually hambuger buns are the trick!!!

Should pay more attention to my posts. It is less messy with slaw inside the roll. Bottom bun, pork, slaw, top bun :)

well to be honest, I don't perfer any bread...give me the platter with slaw
and whatever, and hushpuppies. As far as a sammich, I'll take a roll.
but bread is just a filler to me. I know, you can count hushpuppies as bread, but I'll eat them like crazy.

Take a roll and dig out part of the top and bottom creating a crater of sorts. Than you can pack in some extra pork...almost double what you normally would. Now this is for myself only. I'd never sell it like this...you'd lose too much money unless you charged $7-$8 sandwich. Bread gets too soggy too fast unless it's toast.

A roll, but a cheap, white roll. No whole wheat, no "potato" rolls, no sesame seeds. The 99-cent, store brand hamburger bun.

I prefer rolls but I would suggest you offer both ~ A loaf of bread costs nothing.

Rudy's organic white bread in Boulder goes for over $4.00 a 1 lb loaf. Contrast with Wonder "playdough" white loaf at $1.5.

true, but most of the places around nashville that serve it on a bun dont know how to make cornbread or keep it warm.....at home...it's cornbread

Back
Top Bottom