Case of butts on for the night!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry,

It sounds like you had a real time on your hamds. Glad to see everything turned out o.k.

larry look's like to started out some little problem but it would not for barbecue with out those problem. I'm looking forword to see the pictures. :grin:

Butts are done and they're resting in the cooler for a couple hours. I'll pull and sauce and put in pans ready for tomorrow. I made up a fresh batch of Szpecial Szauce as well.

Jeff E said:
Those look great Larry. Does the WSM leg seem to be stable enough for further use or are you going to have to order a new one?

Not sure yet Jeff, I'll have to wait till I empty everything once it cools down. Seems to be fine though, I tried to wobble it and it seems sturdy enough. I was just really surprised how it just bent like a cheap piece of metal.

Campbells? But I bet it doesnt taste like it. Those WSMs are the shiz bag for all nighters, aint they Larry. Steady as she blows.

Beautiful looking pork butt Larry! :( You pulled into that small of pieces? That almost looks chopped. Not that that's a bad thing.. :) Seriously, it looks great!! Got any pics of the sauced PP?

The Joker said:
Beautiful looking pork butt Larry! :( You pulled into that small of pieces? That almost looks chopped. Not that that's a bad thing.. :) Seriously, it looks great!! Got any pics of the sauced PP?

I did a lite chop on this pork Bill. That is the sauced pork, it's a vinegar base sauce. Kinda like a mildly sweet Scotts, not as spicy though.

ScottyDaQ said:
Looks good bud. I'll take the pieces that were right next to the bone. Mmm'k?
Where's the mac salad and the slaw?

The beans, mac salad and slaw are in the fridge. I'll take pics of it tomorrow, sorry. :-(

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="The Joker":1so4iv0w]Beautiful looking pork butt Larry! :( You pulled into that small of pieces? That almost looks chopped. Not that that's a bad thing.. :) Seriously, it looks great!! Got any pics of the sauced PP?

I did a lite chop on this pork Bill. That is the sauced pork, it's a vinegar base sauce. Kinda like a mildly sweet Scotts, not as spicy though. [/quote:1so4iv0w]
Oh, guess after seeing the tomato soup lookin' sauce :razz: , I expected to see more red... :)

The Joker said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":18wxuyob][quote="The Joker":18wxuyob]Beautiful looking pork butt Larry! :( You pulled into that small of pieces? That almost looks chopped. Not that that's a bad thing.. :) Seriously, it looks great!! Got any pics of the sauced PP?

I did a lite chop on this pork Bill. That is the sauced pork, it's a vinegar base sauce. Kinda like a mildly sweet Scotts, not as spicy though. [/quote:18wxuyob]
Oh, guess after seeing the tomato soup lookin' sauce :razz: , I expected to see more red... :)[/quote:18wxuyob]

It is pretty red in the pot, but doesn't really seem to change the color of the meat.

Larry Wolfe said:
They're done! Ended up with 4 half trays full of meat.

Larry some fine looking pork there , Fathers Day soon approaches , and I have hinted towards a WSM for myself, I mean after all I did get Niki new porch furniture on Mothers day, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom