Captain's Cook for his company

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
first, forgot to load these last week, believe it or not, I found a whole
ribeye for 2.99 a lb.

had it sliced a little more than an inch thick....

and made the asparagus casserolle in the sides section with it...excellent

meat was a little overdone..stupid neighbor talking to me.

now that the camera's clear, time for baby backs.

pics coming.

they're coming Wolfie....ribs went into foil after three hours. Then after an hour in the foil, I took em off the fire, let them cool, and popped em
in the fridge. Today for the cookout, I'll let heat up in the foil, then
remove the foil and sauce em till tender. Hope it works, never done it
this way before.

Captain Morgan said:
they're coming Wolfie....ribs went into foil after three hours. Then after an hour in the foil, I took em off the fire, let them cool, and popped em
this way before.

Good luck Cappy sounds like a winner to me !! By the way thanks for the pics!!

Captain Morgan said:
this way before.

Thats how I do them when I cater Cappy. Works great. Just heat them up slowwwwwwwwwwly.

Walter, the scallops were wrapped with prosciutto (company paid, so I spent), then placed on a maple plank over charcoal....drizzled with a maple/balsamic reduction that included lime juice and rosemary.

Ribs were fair...tasted good, but I was so rushed trying to get everything
together at once I couldn't really watch em that close...some were very tender, some needed to go a little longer. Also, on the scallops, I had a chick I work with skewer them, and I didn't tell her I needed shorter
skewers with nothing hanging over the edge of the plank...my fault...no biggie though. Folks were scared because the scallops were so big! I thought they'd be gone in a flash, there was still 5 or 6 left at the end of the night!

Salmon was the biggest hit...I'll post a recipe tomorrow for it....spent a good bit of time working on this one, and it was really good...I was really surprised at the comments on the salmon. It was the hit of the party.

Captain Morgan said:
Walter, the scallops were wrapped with prosciutto (company paid, so I spent), then placed on a maple plank over charcoal....drizzled with a maple/balsamic reduction that included lime juice and rosemary.

Ribs were fair...tasted good, but I was so rushed trying to get everything
together at once I couldn't really watch em that close...some were very tender, some needed to go a little longer. Also, on the scallops, I had a chick I work with skewer them, and I didn't tell her I needed shorter
skewers with nothing hanging over the edge of the plank...my fault...no biggie though. Folks were scared because the scallops were so big! I thought they'd be gone in a flash, there was still 5 or 6 left at the end of the night!

Salmon was the biggest hit...I'll post a recipe tomorrow for it....spent a good bit of time working on this one, and it was really good...I was really surprised at the comments on the salmon. It was the hit of the party.

Sounds like ya did a hell of a job there made me hungry just loking at the pics. I finally found something I suck at on the grill and thats beef ribs , did some for our dinner they were terrible , guees I stick to pork from here on for ribs, LOL!!!

Back
Top Bottom