Captain's Cook for his company

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nick, it's my gasser. No money for me, just some leftover charcoal.
The cook ended up costing me a little bit, but I'm ok with it...it was a
beautiful day. I use the planks only twice, although they say you can
use them more. I always end up giving the underside a pretty good
scorching.

Niiiiiiice spread Cap... I looove scallops... i did some this past weekend... I keep thinking I want to try the proscutto thing.. this was last minute decision so I settled for bacon. Everything else looked great too... Great Job!!

Captain Morgan said:
Nick, it's my gasser. No money for me, just some leftover charcoal.
The cook ended up costing me a little bit, but I'm ok with it...it was a
beautiful day. I use the planks only twice, although they say you can
use them more. I always end up giving the underside a pretty good
scorching.

Sometimes when it costs you a little but it's for the company you work for, it really doesn't cost you anything! Nice job Cappy!

Captain Morgan said:
Walter, the scallops were wrapped with prosciutto (company paid, so I spent), then placed on a maple plank over charcoal....drizzled with a maple/balsamic reduction that included lime juice and rosemary.

Ribs were fair...tasted good, but I was so rushed trying to get everything
together at once I couldn't really watch em that close...some were very tender, some needed to go a little longer. Also, on the scallops, I had a chick I work with skewer them, and I didn't tell her I needed shorter
skewers with nothing hanging over the edge of the plank...my fault...no biggie though. Folks were scared because the scallops were so big! I thought they'd be gone in a flash, there was still 5 or 6 left at the end of the night!

Salmon was the biggest hit...I'll post a recipe tomorrow for it....spent a good bit of time working on this one, and it was really good...I was really surprised at the comments on the salmon. It was the hit of the party.

It's tomorrow!

WOW :shock: That looks fantastic. Beatuiful spread and a beautiful home. Sure wish I worked for your company! :?
What was that Tomato platter thing? Looked like it was good too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom