Cappy's BBQ'd Chucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
brian j said:
Unity said:
I'm inspired, fellas, thanks. I just put barley on the shopping list. :)

--John 8)
(Except when I told Jody, she said "I like it in sandwiches." I may have to plan to do a soup chuck.)
yea, sounds especially good for a winter evening when you need something ready in an hour or so providing you froze any left over chuck.

i wonder if it'd also work for left over brisket?

Yes it does!

Shredded chuck makes great tacos, burritos, and enchiladas. I used Stogie's recipe posted on this site and the enchiladas were great. Beef, it's what for dinner.

Griff

The verdict is in, Cappy didn't really cook chuck roasts!

"No pic's, the cook never really happened"!

[smilie=a_takethatfoo.gif]

Damn you Larry Wolfe, I knew that was coming! I'll get em
up today! Two hours in Dr.'s waiting room yesterday after
I got off work. :?

Captain Morgan said:
Damn you Larry Wolfe, I knew that was coming! I'll get em
up today! Two hours in Dr.'s waiting room yesterday after
I got off work. :?

Excuses excuses................ :roll:

On page 1 of this thread said:
I was doing just about exactly the same thing today, Cap'n. If it's okay with you, I'll just refer folks to your pictures. ;)
We're already whittling away our reserves -- pulled chuck sandwiches for supper tonight -- so I had the opportunity to prove I cooked. ;)

--John 8)

Unity said:
On page 1 of this thread said:
I was doing just about exactly the same thing today, Cap'n. If it's okay with you, I'll just refer folks to your pictures. ;)
We're already whittling away our reserves -- pulled chuck sandwiches for supper tonight -- so I had the opportunity to prove I cooked. ;)

--John 8)

John,
Had I known you were making a spread like that I would have personally delivered your Wolfe Rub order that went out in the mail yesterday morning!!! We live too close for you to be making a nice meal like that without sharing! The chuck looked fantastic and I love blackeyed peas!!

Captain Morgan said:
me too, is that jalaps in the peas?
Yes it is. :D I cut about half a dozen pickled-pepper slices into little bits. These happen to be Trappey's peppers and Bush's peas, but other brands work just as well. I love the flavor of blackeyed peas, and the jalapenos add a nice counterpoint. Thanks for the comments, guys. :)

--John 8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom