Canadian Bacon question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine takes between 12-16 hrs...but I do it a little different..and smoke at lower temps. I also take my to 140-142*...Well how did it come out..or are you still sleeping :LOL:

Looks good - glad it worked out. Looks like you did same as me and ran prob in from the end creating the whole. Next time, I'll put it in from the side. I have a couple of slices almost every morning for breakfast :)

Next time for a real treat...reserve some for peameal bacon...take the cured meat...roll it in some corn meal...and slice and fry in a little butter...on a sammie like a BLT ;)

Dkoster said:
I would skip the step of making canadian bacon and go right for the peameal bacon, or back bacon. It's a southern ontario thing but let me tell you - every time I visit the south the 20lbs I bring with me disappears pretty damn fast. You cannot buy peameal in the US, at least I have never seen it, and no one has any idea where to buy it. As wittdog says cook it in some butter, or better yet on your BBQ or grill, we went through 600lbs of it this weekend at the beer festival they hold every year in Toronto.

How was it served up??

Back
Top Bottom