Can Anyone Recommend A Good Quality Affordable Meat Slicer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Received my FS150 yesterday ~ Looks pretty nice and I can't wait to try it out! 8) Thanks for the info, Capt'n!!

Niagara River Smoker said:
Received my FS150 yesterday ~ Looks pretty nice and I can't wait to try it out! 8) Thanks for the info, Capt'n!!

Bill, is it possible to snap a few pics of that thing...want to see how big it is for counter space reasons! :D

It's all relative.....it's not the easiest thing to clean, but it sure wouldn't prevent me from buying it again. Wipe it down, spray with disinfectant, wipe it down again. Some meat bits get caught on the blade, and you have to dig them out.

Well, it ain't the easiest to clean but the post about having to use the 3 screws is just plain wrong. I removed and reinstalled the blade several times with no problems, then tried just the 3 screws...They release the blade from the gear behind it which makes it almost impossible to reinstall the blade. HTH :)

Reminds me of that Senifeld episode when Kramer gets a slicer...aside from slicing pastrami and corned beef...are you guys going to start buying in bulk and slice your own or something? :?

Like I said, I only use it about 10 times a year...but when I do, it's worth every penny. Don't forget buckboard bacon, sliced ribeyes or any beef for phillys, and paper thin smoked turkey breast.

AND, you managed to save .04% off the retail price...remind me not to use you as a car buying resource!! :eek: :eek: :grin: :grin:

Greg Rempe said:
AND, you managed to save .04% off the retail price...remind me not to use you as a car buying resource!! :eek: :eek: :grin: :grin:

LOL! Ok Gregg, you think you got me on that one but I actually started looking at these units at Cooking.com and Chefs.com. Chefs charged the same but charges 10% for shipping ($40.00). Cooking.com actually marked the unit up to $459.95 and charges 4.99 shipping so the total cost there is $464.94. I got $.04 off at Amazon and another $25 for entering in their April special code and got free shipping making my total price $374.95 for a savings of $89.99 off of Cooking.com's price and approximately $65 off of Chef's price so I didn't do to bad unless you consider I spent $375 for a meat slicer! That brisket better be worth it! Hey it might come in handing at SmokeStock 2005.

P.S. Don't forget the sales tax that I would have paid if I bought it at a retailer in Ohio and thats another $27.00 of savings . Not too shabby at all!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom