Cajun gator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gary in VA said:
the gator meat I had tasted somewhat like fish.... and chicken... and rubber tire...

If you ate it in Myrtle Beach, that wasn't Gator................it was Cappys BBQ! :LOL:

I can't imagine gator meat. Many years ago, my mother would get turtle meat occasionally from a turtle farm in the Peoria IL vicinity. It had a very good flavor and an unusual mouth feel, but that's about all I can say. Seems doubtful that other reptiles would taste like turtle. [smilie=a_whyme.gif]

--John 8)

Looks like that was a huge gator. I would have taken the tail fileted it and taken all the fat off, cut it into one inch cubes marinated in mustard and cajun seasoning. Then I would put it a mix of butter milk and eggs, flour it in fish fry and fry it. The texture is like sirloin but the color is like pork and the taste is out of this world not gammie at all.

Buffarilo

Ya'll can mess with the rest of the gator... I be takin' the tail.

Strip down them long tubular muscles that run through the main part of the tail.
Slice them about like large scallops or small steak medallions and
batter and deep fry.....
oooieeee boy! wishun' I had a mess of it right now! :D

I must be an oddball, because ifun I had to live on only one kind of
meat for the rest of my life.....as much as I LOVEEEE red meat....
I'd have to choose Gator Tail.

It has the consistancy of a really nice piece of veal but tastes like
kind of a cross between chicken and the sweetest scallops you've
ever tasted.

We take the tails and make gator balls and batter and deep fry them... Good that way.. small ones rock!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom