Butts with Piedmont Pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Helen_Paradise

Head Chef
Yesterday I finally put the thing together. I just taped the two bowls together with painter's tape and drilled. Nothing fancy. Foiled. Ready to go!

At 3pm I put the two butts on, WRO on both. The temp has held steady all day and night so far at around 240. They should be ready to take off in the next few hours. I am more than pleased with the pan. Second picture is from 7:30am this morning.

I'll have the finished product pictures tomorrow or so along with the rib roasts I am doing.

The freeze California has whithered the tops of the citrus trees in the backyard. Bummer.

Lookin' good Helen ;)

Not to get off topic but I hear the whole citrus industry is really taking a hit with all of this crazy weather.

Looks like a great start Helen. Hard to believe that we have a female here who is handier than Greg! :LOL: It's a shame about the trees and the frost, looks like the price of citrus fruit is gonna go up!

brian j said:
those piedmont pans looking interesting. my only problem with them (and its more a problem with the brinkman pan) is that i can't pile as much lump in there.

How high off the ring are you filling it with lump?

Helen_Paradise said:
[quote="brian j":2tbw1rph]those piedmont pans looking interesting. my only problem with them (and its more a problem with the brinkman pan) is that i can't pile as much lump in there.

How high off the ring are you filling it with lump?[/quote:2tbw1rph]

High... that's how high. :roll:

brian j said:
[quote="Helen_Paradise":23avsipn]How high off the ring are you filling it with lump?
for longs cooks as high as i can fill it. i've had to taken some out before because i couldn't put middle section on. :oops:[/quote:23avsipn]

Pictures...I need a picture.

Finney said:
Helen_Paradise said:
[quote="brian j":2pqpw2ai]those piedmont pans looking interesting. my only problem with them (and its more a problem with the brinkman pan) is that i can't pile as much lump in there.

How high off the ring are you filling it with lump?

High... that's how high. :roll:[/quote:2pqpw2ai]

I thought it was ....very :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom