Butts are on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wittdog said:
Puff...I've been using a big old spactula to get under the butts seems to work pretty good and don't have as much sticking to the grates...
Good idea Dave ;)

Pork is pulled. Cliff I got the heat from the Tex Joy, very nice.
As far as the injections on both butts it just wasn't there. I'm thinking it was the lull in heat activity I had this morning......I'm not sure.
Bark was full of flavor but the inside pull didn't have much.

Puff said:
Pork is pulled. Cliff I got the heat from the Tex Joy, very nice.
As far as the injections on both butts it just wasn't there. I'm thinking it was the lull in heat activity I had this morning......I'm not sure.
Bark was full of flavor but the inside pull didn't have much.

Rumors must be true,...........................you're needle wasnt' long enough to penetrate for full flavor! :shock:

You know now that all of the kidding and joking is done I can say that I learned alot from you guys today and I thank everyone for your help and your advice :D

Except Larry

looks good.

I have to say i neer thought about carefully packing the grate of lump for overnighters. I appreciate you all posting that.

I have two butts this week to do.

It is supposed ot be a heck of a lot warmer this week.

I also would really like to get as much bark in your picture that looked awesome.

Diva Q said:
looks good.

I have to say i neer thought about carefully packing the grate of lump for overnighters. I appreciate you all posting that.

I have two butts this week to do.

It is supposed ot be a heck of a lot warmer this week.

I also would really like to get as much bark in your picture that looked awesome.

Diva, not sure what rub you're using, but if you want to add a thicker bark to your barbeque add or increase the amount of sugar in your rub or buy one that contains sugar. I rub low in salt as well also will not create a good bark, so you may want or need to add both additional salt and sugar.

wittdog said:
Maybe you didn't inject enough Puff? When I injected...I pump it till it can't take anymore and then some..

Yeah Puff, Dave is right! You gotta pump that thing up till it looks like a basketball.

Larry Wolfe said:
wittdog said:
Maybe you didn't inject enough Puff? When I injected...I pump it till it can't take anymore and then some..

Yeah Puff, Dave is right! You gotta pump that thing up till it looks like a basketball.
I did that's why I don't get it.
They were just a bit frosty in the middle (not frozen). I wonder if that stopped the injection from penetrating completly?

Puff said:
Larry Wolfe said:
wittdog said:

They were just a bit frosty in the middle (not frozen). I wonder if that stopped the injection from penetrating completly?

Of course it did! If it's still solid when you inject the juice is basically going right back out of the hole you made with the needle, versus distributing throughout the grain.

Larry Wolfe said:
Puff said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2a01jcgn]
wittdog said:

Of course it did! If it's still solid when you inject the juice is basically going right back out of the hole you made with the needle, versus distributing throughout the grain.[/quote:2a01jcgn]
I didn't say it was solid, just frosty.

Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it.

I make my own rub and so far I like the flavor but I will increase both the salt this week and the sugar and hopefully get more bark.

Puff said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Puff said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":zexlormb]
wittdog said:

Of course it did! If it's still solid when you inject the juice is basically going right back out of the hole you made with the needle, versus distributing throughout the grain.
I didn't say it was solid, just frosty.[/quote:zexlormb]

Frosty to me means "partially" frozen, otherwise they were "cold"! Make up your mind boy!! :roll:

Larry Wolfe said:
Puff said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":282qglbg]
Puff said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":282qglbg]
wittdog said:

I didn't say it was solid, just frosty.[/quote:282qglbg]

Frosty to me means "partially" frozen, otherwise they were "cold"! Make up your mind boy!! :roll:[/quote:282qglbg]
It was that thin line between partially froze and frosty :D

Puff said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Puff said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3qt2l46z]
Puff said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3qt2l46z]
wittdog said:

Frosty to me means "partially" frozen, otherwise they were "cold"! Make up your mind boy!! :roll:[/quote:3qt2l46z]
It was that thin line between partially froze and frosty :D[/quote:3qt2l46z]

I'm really surprised you're alive today after eating that pork yesterday! :shock:

Larry Wolfe said:
Puff said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":10f9yl04]
Puff said:
Puff said:
wittdog said:

Frosty to me means "partially" frozen, otherwise they were "cold"! Make up your mind boy!! :roll:[/quote:10f9yl04]
It was that thin line between partially froze and frosty :D[/quote:10f9yl04]

I'm really surprised you're alive today after eating that pork yesterday! :shock:[/quote:10f9yl04]
I finished it in the microwave. I figured that would kill everything ;)

Puff said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Puff said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3lvkzd1u]
Puff said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3lvkzd1u]
Puff said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3lvkzd1u][quote="wittdog":3lvkzd1u]Maybe you didn't inject enough Puff? When I injected...I pump it till it can't take anymore and then some..

Frosty to me means "partially" frozen, otherwise they were "cold"! Make up your mind boy!! :roll:[/quote:3lvkzd1u]
It was that thin line between partially froze and frosty :D[/quote:3lvkzd1u]

I'm really surprised you're alive today after eating that pork yesterday! :shock:[/quote:3lvkzd1u]
I finished it in the microwave. I figured that would kill everything ;)[/quote:3lvkzd1u]
[smilie=new_microwave.gif] [smilie=rlp_smilie_207.gif]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom