Butts are on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used Cowboy ( first time) for my cook yesterday and went through 10 lbs. in 11 hours. That is double my normal use. I cannot find Wicked good or Picnic in S.E. Fla.

That's happened to me before and started the fire up no problem. Sometimes I like to mix royal oak lump with royal oak briquette.

Puff

You're in good company. I had a similar experience a couple years ago. Now I use Kingsford on all my overnighters 'cause it's so much easier to get a full ring of charcoal. Just dump it out of the bag and go. I noticed the Naked Whiz said to carefully load the lump a piece at a time to get long cooks in an Egg. I still thing there's nothing like lump to get a good sear on steaks.

Who's the favorite in the race today?

Griff

Griff said:
Puff

You're in good company. I had a similar experience a couple years ago. Now I use Kingsford on all my overnighters 'cause it's so much easier to get a full ring of charcoal. Just dump it out of the bag and go. I noticed the Naked Whiz said to carefully load the lump a piece at a time to get long cooks in an Egg. I still thing there's nothing like lump to get a good sear on steaks.

Griff
Johnson :D Who's your pic?

With all the commotion this morning I forgot to answer your injection question. Yes I've injected before with great results ;)

Griff said:
Puff

Griff

Team Penske, especially the #12 car [smilie=a_goodjobson.gif]

SteerCrazy said:
Griff said:
Puff

Griff

#20 SMOKE IS GONNA WIN!!!!
[smilie=a_fro.gif]

Larry Wolfe said:
Puff said:
Butts are at 175*
No pics ....I'm not touching that lid :shock:

Me either I can't believe you're going to eat that tainted pork! :shock:
After the expert opnion I recived this morning I believe it will be fine :D

But now that the expert is drunk........

Puff said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Puff said:
Butts are at 175*
No pics ....I'm not touching that lid :shock:

Me either I can't believe you're going to eat that tainted pork! :shock:
After the expert opnion I recived this morning I believe it will be fine :D

But now that the expert is drunk........

Drunk or sober, I stand behind what I told you this morning! I see Wal Mart has jumbo packs of Charmin on sale, you may need it!

Larry Wolfe said:
SteerCrazy said:
Griff said:
Puff

Griff

#20 SMOKE IS GONNA WIN!!!!
[smilie=a_fro.gif]

I knew there was a reason I did not want to use lump. Thanks Puff. ;)

I hate it when I lose the signal. I am thinking about opening the back of mine and doing the pigtail mod that I read about.

Cliff H. said:
I knew there was a reason I did not want to use lump. Thanks Puff. ;)

I hate it when I lose the signal. I am thinking about opening the back of mine and doing the pigtail mod that I read about.
Nothing but KF for long cooks from now on for me bud :shock:

Well the 19 hr butts are now foiled and resting. I sure had the burnt marshmallow thing going on as far as the fat cap, my daughter said it kind of looks like a face with the toungue sticking out :LOL:
But the smell is very good. Taste will tell.

Puff...I've been using a big old spactula to get under the butts seems to work pretty good and don't have as much sticking to the grates...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom