Butts Are On!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kloset BBQR

Executive Chef
Cooking 2 butts today about 14 1/2 lbs total. Cooking on the stumps (225) with a stoker attached and using lump charcoal for fuel and hickory chunks for flavor. Ought to get plenty of pulled pork out of this one for the Atkins Diet (Day 5).

I'll be adding a turkey breast to the smoker later in the day.

I'll post additional pics as the cook progresses. Weather is extremely warm (approximately 52 degrees at 5:50 AM) but rainy.

Good deal on the diet!! I'm on day 5 too on my "LifeStyle" change. I refuse to call what I'm doing a diet!!! LOL

Butts look good, take some more pic's when you put the breast on!!!

Will do Larry! What does your life style change entail. Mine as I mentioned above is Atkins low carb. I did this because I could at least keep eating and making BBQ with some small modifications, tomato puree for ketchup, splenda for sugar, cream for milk. Variety in my opinion is the key. I made some great turkey ala king the other night. It was very rich, very satisfying and very low carb.

Good luck on your life syle change and weight loss goals!

Kloset BBQR said:
Will do Larry! What does your life style change entail. Mine as I mentioned above is Atkins low carb. I did this because I could at least keep eating and making BBQ with some small modifications, tomato puree for ketchup, splenda for sugar, cream for milk. Variety in my opinion is the key. I made some great turkey ala king the other night. It was very rich, very satisfying and very low carb.

I am still eating everything I ate before, but am cutting everything in half of what I previously ate. For the time being I've also cut alcohol out, but I do not plan on never drinking again. But when I do, that will also have to be cut in half, that will be the hardest part. I think the most important part of my lifestyle change is exercise. I bought on of THESE right before Christmas and try to ride it between 5-6 miles everyday. First week was horrible, now it's getting better. Oh last but not least I try to drink as much water as I can throughout the day!

Larry Wolfe said:
Good deal on the diet!! I'm on day 5 too on my "LifeStyle" change. I refuse to call what I'm doing a diet!!! LOL

Butts look good, take some more pic's when you put the breast on!!!

Most other people would also. LOL Just kidding.... Easy there big boy.

Kloset... you know we want pics of that Stumps in action and finished meat pics.

I think we all know what Larry's "lifestyle change" entails? ;) Dallas, nice weather for cooking today! I am ashamed to say that I have not rolled the pit outta the garage since I cleaned her and bedded her down in November! GO BUCKS!!!!!

Kloset BBQR said:

Kloset, when you get a chance wouldn't mind checkin that recipe out.......thanks!

Some pics of the butts in progress.

Flipped the butts and added some sausage for lunch.

Stumps Smoker

Stoker

Stoker Blower

Caught Buddy reading one of my BBQ books

Chris the shelves were recently changed by Stumps. They are stainless steel. No additional charge for the upgrade.

Thanks Brian, I try it your way see if there is a difference but so far it has held within two degrees the entire cook.

Hey Brian, I tried it as you suggested and now I am getting temperature swings of only .1 -.2 degrees. Awesome! Thanks for the help! :D

Back
Top Bottom