Butts are on!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm doing 4 butts tonight and now they're calling for sevre storms. This seems to happen everytime I do an overnighter. Oh well, it'll be alright. 3 of these butts are to fill a pulled pork order, the other one will be for dinner tomorrow night. They're all rubbed with Wolfe Rub of course and I'm using Kingsford and Hickory chunks and sand in the pan.

I'm about due for 4 butts. I wonder if I could double up those pics we saw..... =D> #-o [-o< [-X Oh well..... 8-[ Looks good.. :(

Puff said:
Overnighter?
No invite?WTF!
I'll be up late, lets here the progress :!:

Okay, the pit is at 257* and the meat is at 121*! The Mavericks are set and I'm going to be! :night:

Larry Wolfe said:
Puff said:
Overnighter?
No invite?WTF!
I'll be up late, lets here the progress :!:

Okay, the pit is at 257* and the meat is at 121*! The Mavericks are set and I'm going to be! :night:
Out already?
Good luck bro!

Well it's 5:45am and the WSM went through the night without any problems. The Maverick beeped once, when I had a small heat spike. I waited a couple minutes before I got out of bed and it went down, so I reset the alarm and it didnt' go off again. I woke up this morning and the pit temp was at 226* (dome) and the meats at 169* on the top grate and 167* on the lower grate. I went out to give the coals a light stir and noticed puddles on the deck, so it did rain afterall. The smell going out the back door is freaking incredible! No windbreak, no umbrella and the WSM earned it's money again! I'll take pic's when I pull them off the cooker.

Cliff H. said:
Tomorrow when you read these replies you can tell us if that was Wolfe rub in the onion powder container.

Yes Cliff that was Wolfe Rub!

brian j said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3me1x6y3]No windbreak, no umbrella and the WSM earned it's money again!
awesome. we didn't get any rain last night but it was breezy and in the upper 40's at my place. did you have the guru going or were you flying solo?[/quote:3me1x6y3]

[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X No Guru here Brian. In my opinion you don't need on for a WSM. :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

brian j said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":m2xemh4d]No windbreak, no umbrella and the WSM earned it's money again!
awesome. we didn't get any rain last night but it was breezy and in the upper 40's at my place. did you have the guru going or were you flying solo?[/quote:m2xemh4d]
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :pop:

(damn, he beat me to it...)

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="brian j":1epy6ct2][quote="Larry Wolfe":1epy6ct2]No windbreak, no umbrella and the WSM earned it's money again!
awesome. we didn't get any rain last night but it was breezy and in the upper 40's at my place. did you have the guru going or were you flying solo?[/quote:1epy6ct2]

[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X No Guru here Brian. In my opinion you don't need on for a WSM. :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:[/quote:1epy6ct2]

Yeah but it makes it a lot easier.

The butts are at 17 hours and they're both at 184, almost done. I used a 15lb bag of Kingsford and have added 15 extra briquettes. :eek:

Pic's will be on in a lil' bit. I pulled them off the cooker around 1pm, then cut the grass. It's now 4:30 and I'm gonna put some Schpezial Szauce on the stove, then I'll pull and take pic's.

Back
Top Bottom