butts and briskets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Smokey_Joe said:
chris1237 said:
Tomorrow I am doing some butts and a brisket. Both were injected and I am planing to do them hot and fast.

Here are a few pics there are also some in there of some steaks that I grilled tonight for dinner

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.j ... g9phq&Ux=1

Chris

What do you consider "hot & fast"???

and I have to ask the question.....why?

I consider hot and fast anywhere between 290 and on. I plan on running my smoker around 290-330. I am doing it this way because this is how I want to do them at comps so I am not walking around like zombie when it comes turn in time. I have only done hot and fast once and had very good results.

Chris

Just updated the link with some new pics. The butts and brisket were just ok. I felt the butts should have been cooked longer and spent more time in the foil they were a little tuff. The brisket was a little dry I thought it was a crappy cut so that may have contributed to it. Also during the cook one of the welds came undone on the fire box and the door slid down so I could not close the firebox which caused fire control problems. Now it needs to be taken to a local metal be fixed. I just glad this did not happen at a comp.

Chris

Cliff H. said:
This happened on you Gator Pit ?

Yes it did and needless to say I am very pissed. I contacted gator today and the lady in the office said Ritch was not in today but he will be in tomorrow and he'll give me a call then. I plan to email him a few pics tonight of the damage. If he does not provide some type of compensation I am going to be even more pissed and I guarantee you I will never buy anything from gator again.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom