Butts and Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
Two butts and a brisket going to work. One butt going to the neighbor. One butt going in my fridge.

On at 10:00 pm on Tue night. This morning at 3:30 my maverick gave a false 195 reading. The smoker was holding steady at 240. I bumped the heat up a bit and went back to bed.

At 6:30 am the smoker temp had dropped to 178. I don't know how long it had been that low but my guess is about an hour. I need a guru.

I foiled everything since I am on a 12:00 pm deadline. At 8:45 pm the internal temps are up to 185. Should be right on time for 3:00 pm feed.

All the meat was off the pit by 10:00 am. If I hadn't foiled, my timing would have been better. Drum smokers cook a little faster than wsm's also.

Now I am looking at a 5-6- hour rest. :x

I have a dog that is older than my kids. He is having trouble getting around in his old age so I had to help him out by building him a ramp this past weekend. ;)

Cliff H. said:
At 6:30 am the smoker temp had dropped to 178. I don't know how long it had been that low but my guess is about an hour. I need a guru.

I had the opposite experience on a Brisket about a year ago. Got cocky with the WSM and went to bed. I checked the meat in the night to find that the side door had fallen off (didn't have it shut completely) and the cooker was running above 300 :cry:

Can't wait to see how your cook turned out.

Cliff that is a super nice thing you did for your dog, he appreciates it for sure! Make the other side to it and I can come to visit you!!

Nice lookin butts Cliff :P It's nice to see that you really care about your pet. People forget that they are a part of the family. Well done!

Larry Wolfe said:
Cliff that is a super nice thing you did for your dog, he appreciates it for sure! Make the other side to it and I can come to visit you!!

I just burned my dog ramp and added steps. :shock: :LOL:

That looks like a dog with great experience, wisdom, and dignity. Helping him get up to the porch without having to be lifted is a kindness that will be amply returned in karma.

--John

Rag said:
Larry Wolfe said:

I just burned my dog ramp and added steps. :shock: :LOL:

Now thats funny right there, I dont care who you are.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom