Butts and Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Got up at 4am to get things rolling. I have 16lbs of pulled pork I need to deliver Monday. So I got 4 butts totalling 33lbs rubbed down with some McCormicks BBQ seasoning mixed 50/50 with turbinado sugar. I use the McCormicks only for an external rub on butts that I'm selling. It's actually not too bad and the people don't know the difference and it's cheap. After I pull the pork I hit it with a liberal dose of Wolfe Rub Original while it's hot and it melts in and really seasons the meat nicely.

Then I have a 7.5lb brisket flat for our dinner tonight. It's rubbed down with Wolfe Rub Bold.

Everything is being cooked over kingsford and hickory chunks.

I had to hit the outside and the vents with my hose torch this morning to thaw the ice out to get into them. Gonna warm up today and be farily nice later!

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
McCormicks BBQ seasoning ? :shock: You must like salt. :LOL:

It is a little salty, that's part of the reason I mixed it 50/50 with tubinado sugar.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":ascfqh49][quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":ascfqh49]McCormicks BBQ seasoning ? :shock: You must like salt. :LOL:

It is a little salty, that's part of the reason I mixed it 50/50 with tubinado sugar.[/quote:ascfqh49]
Candy Q :D[/quote:ascfqh49]

LOL

No it really helps form a nice bark. Sugar and Salt = barkage.....

Good start Larry. I'm gonna go some FF briskets overnight tonight but it's not "Gonna warm up today and be farily nice later" here. My cook is going to be below zero F overnight. We are awaiting the finished pics.

Where can I buy Wolfe rubs

Larry does any stores carry your rubs or do I have to buy them online? I live in Louisiana. I would like to try it because all the post I see everyone really brags on it.

Re: Where can I buy Wolfe rubs

Tannehill Kid said:
Larry does any stores carry your rubs or do I have to buy them online? I live in Louisiana. I would like to try it because all the post I see everyone really brags on it.

Currently Wolfe Rubs are not in stores in Louisiana, but in the next month or two that could change.......... For the present time you would need to purchase them online, sorry.

Butts are coming along nicely, I took a quick pic through the door while stiring the coals.

Tannehill Kid said:

They are all Larrys posts under different names.

Rag said:
Tannehill Kid said:

:LOL: :oops: :LOL: :oops: :LOL: :oops: :LOL: :oops: :LOL: :oops:

Briskets done, smells good and is tender (probe test)............it's in a warmed but "off" oven now resting for a couple hours....so I'll let you know if it is any good in a little while.

******, I can't see it .. Webshots appears to be down. I get Red X's.

Larry Wolfe said:
Briskets done, smells good and is tender (probe test)............it's in a warmed but "off" oven now resting for a couple hours....so I'll let you know if it is any good in a little while.

:roll:

Larry Wolfe said:
Rag said:
[quote="Tannehill Kid":1vzp802u]Larry does any stores carry your rubs or do I have to buy them online? I live in Louisiana. I would like to try it because all the post I see everyone really brags on it.

:LOL: :oops: :LOL: :oops: :LOL: :oops: :LOL: :oops: :LOL: :oops:[/quote:1vzp802u]I will be in touch next week and place an order with you.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":17uvn6xx]McCormicks BBQ seasoning ? :shock: You must like salt. :LOL:

It is a little salty, that's part of the reason I mixed it 50/50 with tubinado sugar.[/quote:17uvn6xx]

Looks good Larry. You giving out your Wolfe Rub Recipe Now? ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom