Butt Reheating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
Ok, Here's the deal. I have 3 good size pork butts bone in that I wrapped in foil and then put into food saver bags. Oh yea there off the pit and done. There in the freezer now. Should I just take them from the freezer and toss in boiling water to reheat them and pull? Should I defrost them first? There big boy's about 10 pounds a piece. I need them for Saturday. If I'm going to defrost them in the fridge it's going to take a few days.So do I yank them from the freezer Wednesday morning? I usually don't get this freaked out. But I can't throw out 30 pounds of butts. I'm dependant of them to fill a order. Any lunacy or baboonery welcome. I can cook it, But when it comes to re heating it, I lack knowledge. Any HELP is greatly appreciated! Help a BUBBA out. :>) Thanks.

very surprised to get this post from you! Let them defrost before boiling.
I don't have any reason for that, but it sounds good.

Defrosting is easy in the foodsaver bags. Put em in the sink and let COLD water run over them for a few hours, just a light trickle. They'll go a lot faster than the fridge only technique. When you feel some bend, put em in the fridge to finish.

Then re heat as you please.

Keep in mind I don't know what I'm talking about.

the reason being, the foil will stick until it's mostly defrosted. Defrost a little, put in the fridge for a day, remove from the foil, and re-bag, and keep in the fridge. The meat's cooked, it'll hold in the fridge fine till the weekend.

With a whole cooked butt I would defrost it first and slice it cold instead of pulling, then reheat it. I just did one this way and really liked it. My wife said it was like "pork butter". Just melts in your mouth!!! If you've got 3 try one this way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom