burnt ends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The "Point" of the brisket sliced off the flat after smoking then diced up, sauced in a pan and put back on the cooker to render down for a couple more hours.

In one one .... GOOD .... no better yet GREAT!

'Nother thing Buzz forgot...

The name is BURNT ends. They are supposed to LOOK burnt, meaning VERY DARK, almost, well, burnt! Using a good SWEET sauce will almost guarantee that they'll look right. Don't skimp on the sauce.;)

Burnt ends are beef's answer to Pig Candy. :p

BOB

Well think this burnt ends thing must be some kinda up North type deal cuz we seem to call it just plain burnt brisket in these parts. Hound dawgs will eat it of course but they generally prefer salad for some reason. Now figgered out how to make it one time accidentally..and it dont require no steenken sauce. I will teach folks how to do this free and only five bucks for shipping and handling. Let me know. Thanks.

Agree with BW on the lack of sauce (none used here).....I just let 'em render in a foil pan and chow...good fer sure, but lots o'fat....I actually prefer the point sliced if not too fatty tho not typical in the briskets I get......Meat from the point is hard to beat regardless as to how eaten.
just my $.02
dj

Hey Don try this some time. Assuming you have a two rack pit. Cut the point from off the brisket and put it on the top rack covered with an upside down Sams pan..Flat directly under lean side up to accept the dripping fat on the impotent part. The bottom chunk will be good..the upper echelon criteria is for the cook..lol. Take a bite and drink some sauce. Just a theory. Hey think me and the Preplexed Opossumn has become pals again over on FB. Thanks Sir.

After I cube the point up I char it on a grill to add more flavor before putting it back in the smoker to render.

Will give it a try for sure! Glad to hear the Possum has made contact...
dj

Hey Don try this some time. Assuming you have a two rack pit. Cut the point from off the brisket and put it on the top rack covered with an upside down Sams pan..Flat directly under lean side up to accept the dripping fat on the impotent part. The bottom chunk will be good..the upper echelon criteria is for the cook..lol. Take a bite and drink some sauce. Just a theory. Hey think me and the Preplexed Opossumn has become pals again over on FB. Thanks Sir.

Back
Top Bottom